• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats Your Best Xl

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
By consistency I was referring to landing the ball on a decent spot often.
thats great. as odd as this sounds id actually be tempted to go with a bowler who takes more wickets at a lower average with a better strike rate over your criteria

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shane Warne said:
thats great. as odd as this sounds id actually be tempted to go with a bowler who takes more wickets at a lower average with a better strike rate over your criteria
A bowler who has been smashed around by players who know a bit about playing spin bowling? MacGill turns the ball yes, but he's not the greatest bowler. He bowls way too many long-hops. That said, he's the second best wrist spinner in the world, but only by default.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A bowler who has been smashed around by players who know a bit about playing spin bowling? MacGill turns the ball yes, but he's not the greatest bowler. He bowls way too many long-hops. That said, he's the second best wrist spinner in the world, but only by default.
disagree, kumble is the 2nd best
btw, who claimed macgill was "the greatest" bowler :O

Mr Mxyzptlk

Shane Warne said:
disagree, kumble is the 2nd best
btw, who claimed macgill was "the greatest" bowler :O
The use of greatest is a turn of phrase.

For eg. "Hinds may not be the greatest batsman, but he's competent nonetheless."

or

"He's not the best of bowlers." (sub best for greatest)

Understand?

With regards to Kumble, I consider him a medium pacer as he really doesn't turn the ball a great deal. Most of his success is due to bounce.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The use of greatest is a turn of phrase.

For eg. "Hinds may not be the greatest batsman, but he's competent nonetheless."

or

"He's not the best of bowlers." (sub best for greatest)

Understand?

With regards to Kumble, I consider him a medium pacer as he really doesn't turn the ball a great deal. Most of his success is due to bounce.
who cares what you consider kumble? that doesnt make it so. heres a fact, kumble is a legspinner who bowls at brisk pace with alot of overspin

understand?

Matthew Hayden

Cricket Spectator
1 Hayden
2 Vaughn
3 Tendulker
4 Ponting
5 Lara
6 Dravid
7 Kallis
8 Gillchrist
9 Singh
10 Akhtar
11 Mc Grath

Sorry if some of the names are spelt incorrectly. That team is off the top of my head, I'm sure iv'e left some good players out I may have considered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Shane Warne said:
who cares what you consider kumble? that doesnt make it so. heres a fact, kumble is a legspinner who bowls at brisk pace with alot of overspin

understand?
Let me rephrase this...

IMO (In MY opinion) Kumble is a medium pacer. In that case, no one else has to care what I consider him. It's still MY opinion.

michael_vaughan

School Boy/Girl Captain
hi

hi you know goin back to whaen the staff person said

All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution or transmission of any information, part or parts of this website by any means whatsoever is permitted without the prior written permission of International Sports Management
is that to me

jane

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: hi

michael_vaughan said:
so i have to take all the pics of if so can i have any more

jane
You have to remove them as they're copyrighted.

If you can find some that aren't, you're able to use them.