• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you have a love/hate relationship with

Valer

First Class Debutant

I cant believe its taken this long for him to come up...

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been meaning to start a discussion about this and then Adders made this post about KP in the KP sacking thread:

This resonated with me
Does that mean we're like....going out now Jono??

Can't say I've ever resonated before, but **** it......I'm up for it if you are.

ajdude

International Coach
phillip hughes. love him and always want him to make runs, but i deadset hate watching him bat because he looks like he could go out every ball.

Julian87

State Captain
Dan Christian - Has so much natural talent as a genuine batsman but just such poor application in 4 day cricket and the last few years in 50 over cricket. Seems content with striking at 150 in T20.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strangely enough, Brian Lara

I was a massive fan of his when I was young, and still am, but the reason I hated him on occasion is because whenever I got tickets to go watch him bat live or Sat down at home to watch a full day of his batting, he usually did FA. The **** would generally get a pretty 20-30 and get out. Only time I remember seeing an awesome innings of him live on tv was his double in South Africa when he smashed 28 in an RP over. Still find it annoying I rarely got to see some of his other masterpieces live

smash84

The Tiger King
Umar Khatmal......his flashes of brilliance are something that I really like and makes me feel like he might be the real deal and somebody who can be nurtured into a great batsman. But then his Khatmal blood and brain farts make me hate him so much.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni, for the exact reasons that Jono put out..
Plus I didn't like him recalling Bell in that run-out as well..

BeeGee

International Captain
It doesn't exactly fit the criteria of this thread, but Jesse Ryder. Love his batting, hate every other aspect of the bloke. Such a waste of talent.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes Broad is a great example. Other than GIMH reckon people have jumped on and off his bandwagon quite a bit.
Nice to have my unwavering loyalty acknowledged.

Mitchell Johnson one for me. Not in a conventional sense really. I've always tried to hate him. But you hear him talk, off the field, and okay aside from his obviously pathetic 'barmy army are picking on me' whinge, he comes across as a really good, genuine guy, and in turn that gives me a fair chunk of respect for that animal he becomes on the field. And then he acts like that animal and I think, jeez he really is a prized ****...you get the picture...