• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket trivia

the big bambino

International Captain
Not what I have but the source I looked up might not be definitive. Can you give me a year? (If its post 1800 it isn't St. George's).

watson

Banned
Which ground hosted the first recorded game outside England? (If you have a different answer to mine that could reflect that I haven't been able to check all the records before posting the question or you have something to tell the game's historians).
Launceston 1851, TAS v VIC was the first official game in Australia. But that's probably not the answer because it will be somewhere tricky like Philadelphia, or perhaps a Welsh village with an unpronounceable name containing the entire alphabet times two.

the big bambino

International Captain
:laugh: Not Welsh and not unpronounceable. A very economical 7 letters split over two words. You don't have to cross the ocean to get to this ground from England. I'm going for a walk now. Will be about half an hour. I'll think of another clue and post it when I get back if the right answer isn't given.

the big bambino

International Captain
Sorry i didn't mean to kill the thread. The 1st recorded game outside England occured at The Arns, Alloa according to cricketarchive, in 1785. There the Hon Col Talbot's XI smited the Duke of Atholl's XI by 94 runs. I would have suspected the result to be engineered to flatter the social hierarchy of the times but unless Talbot ranks the Duke that didn't happen. In fact the Duke (who opened the batting and the bowling) had his stumps scattered by the lowly Meares in his second inning for a duck. The Duke's XI also had the Earl of Winchilsea playing for them. No doubt being groomed as a future captain.

Since Watson came closest I'll hand over the next question to him.

watson

Banned
OK then.

Which batsman practiced his shots nude in front of the mirror prior to a big match?

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Post-2000, Warne has the highest number of away wickets at 226, Murali is third with 201, the second naturally is the quick with the highest number of away wickets in the period and the only one with 200+ away wickets.

Who is this pacer?

(It's very easy to statsguru this so please don't be tempted)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Alright

Last week Younis Khan became the 12th player to score a ton against every other Test team. Who are the other 11

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll try to guess

Sachin
S.Waugh
Cook
KP
Hayden
Sehwag
R Taylor
Clarke
Trott