• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket trivia

watson

Banned
close to one of those players - the only other players who are connected are

geoff marsh
geoff boycott
Afraid not Hurricane.

Clue: It was an Australian bowler who received the box of chewing gum as a gift. The fact that it was an entire box is significant!

Last edited:

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Clue #1: 3 out of the 4 test captains who represented this sporting club represented other States in cricket, from where this club is located.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Which sporting club was represented by four Australian Test captains in a sport other than cricket?
I had to read this a couple of times. So it is a non cricket sporting club and we have to guess the what the name of the club is?

I would guess the sport would be AFL given so many cricketers play it - can you tell me if that guess is correct at least?

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Firstly a correction -- 5 Australian Test Captains played for this club (not 4 as previously stated). Apologies but i don't think that deceived anyone.

Clue #2: One of the test captains has been quoted as saying he was better at this sport than cricket.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The answer is indeed Mosman Baseball club who included the following Test captains as part of their alumni:
• Richie Benaud
• Ian Chappell
• Greg Chappell
• Allan Border (to whom the quote in Clue #2 is attributed).
• Ian Craig

As well as:
• Neil Harvey
• Graham Hole
• Gordon F Rorke
• David Sincock
• Bill Johnston (where he broke the the Australian record for the longest throw in 1945 (121m).

As well as Ken Irvine (Australian rugby league great)

You're up tbb.

the big bambino

International Captain
Which ground hosted the first recorded game outside England? (If you have a different answer to mine that could reflect that I haven't been able to check all the records before posting the question or you have something to tell the game's historians).