• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Betting Thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We're going to start off with SGD 20 (USD ~16) in a bet365 account. Any profits made by the end of a certain period (tbd) will be donated to a charity (tbd), while the initial $20 will either kickstart a new round of this or return to my pocket, subject to how close I am to being out on the streets.

We will only be betting on cricket.

How we're going to decide what to bet on is basically by a simple voting system. I'll try to get odds and options up at least a day before a match starts, and once there are enough votes I'll proceed to place the bet. Besides that anyone can propose a bet e.g. Player X top scorer, Player Y motm, etc etc and we can all vote for it if it sounds good.

The amounts to bet are something I haven't quite thought too much about yet, but for now it's just going to be $2 on every bet. Thoughts and suggestions needed.

If this fails the thread can always be used to discuss betting anyways. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Appreciate the enthusiasm guys, thanks.

As for the minimum number of votes Hurricane, I didn't include it because I wasn't sure how many people would be voting and stuff. Hoping 10 isn't too much, will roll with that for now.

Asia Cup: Afghanistan v Pakistan at Fatullah
Feb 27, 2014

$10 | $1.062

1st ODI: West Indies v England at North Sound
Feb 28, 2014

$2 | $1.80

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Cape Town
Mar 1-5, 2014

...SA | Draw | Aus
$2.20 | $3.75 | $3.00

Draw no bet

...SA | Aus
$1.66 | $2.20

vote vote vote

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Not sure how changeable the weather can be in Cape Town, but I'd back benchmark's suggestion based on how the forecast is clear for the 5 days of the Test.

I'd suggesting starting off with smaller amounts as well.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Are you even old enough to bet boy. We're not betting lego pieces here.
funnily enough i've been betting at the tab since i was like 16 but the first time i ever got asked for ID was like a week ago, they just never ask anyone