• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can we have a cricketweb 11?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Can we make a cricket team with members of the site?? I mean a real team or even a club. Just a suggestion. What do you guys say?

smash84

The Tiger King
With members spread out all over the world I wonder how the team will get together to play a match or even practice?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
As far as I can tell, at least 6 of our best XI are Kiwis so it shouldn't be that much of an issue:

3. Matthew Sinclair
4. Martin Crowe
6. Jimmy Neesham
7. Peter McGlashan
10. Te Ahu Davis
11. Mitch McCleneghan

Flem274*

123/5
only jimmyGS counts imo. Half of that team were just guest bloggers and the others came on to rip into me and zinzan.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sydney bois could put a team together if we weren't so afraid of ultimately tastin' it

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Martin Crowe legitimately counts IMO. Signed up to talk cricket. Ripping into zinzan came later. :p
What was his name on the site?

I'm happy to come in to the side as first change and bat at #8.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
As far as I can tell, at least 6 of our best XI are Kiwis so it shouldn't be that much of an issue:

2. social
3. Matthew Sinclair
4. Martin Crowe
5. Julian87
6. Jimmy Neesham (3)
7. Peter McGlashan +
8. SteveNZ (4)
9. Riggins (5)
10. Te Ahu Davis (1)
11. Mitch McCleneghan (2)
social, Julian87 and SteveNZ have all played at pretty high levels, if memory serves (making a few assumptions here about playing roles, but whatever).

Riggins has taken the wicket of noted NSW 2nd XI and Ireland Grade batsman Nick Larkin, if I'm not mistaken, so he slots in.

Ideally an opening bat who bowls spin. Anton Devcich, we know you're reading. Sign up to complete our XI.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
social, Julian87 and SteveNZ have all played at pretty high levels, if memory serves (making a few assumptions here about playing roles, but whatever).

Riggins has taken the wicket of noted NSW 2nd XI and Ireland Grade batsman Nick Larkin, if I'm not mistaken, so he slots in.

Ideally an opening bat who bowls spin. Anton Devcich, we know you're reading. Sign up to complete our XI.
Julian's a leg spinner. Riggins is a top order batsman though so it works out okay.

vic_orthdox and BackFootPunch would make the side; at least one of them anyway as they're the same player role.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Julian's a leg spinner. Riggins is a top order batsman though so it works out okay.

vic_orthdox and BackFootPunch would make the side; at least one of them anyway as they're the same player role.
vic, of course, knew I missed a really obvious one somewhere. Didn't realise BFP played at that high a level either.

1. Burgeinho *
2. social
3. Mathew Sinclair
4. Martin Crowe
5. Jimmy Neesham (3)
6. Peter McGlashan +
7. Riggins/Julian87 (6)
8. vic_orthdox (5/4)
9. SteveNZ (4/5)
10. Te Ahu Davis (2)
11. Mitch McCleneghan (1)

I reckon they'd give a few domestic sides around the world a decent run for their money.

EDIT: You know what, screw Gale and Taylor being in this side.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
FFS, why aren't my second grade inswingers and outswingers even being CONSIDERED!?

ajdude

International Coach
got a gig in the local rag for my third grade 4/33 leggies, surely i should be opening the batting