• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best batting display by an associate batsman?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Ten Doeschate's 119 vs England? Or Kevin O'Brien's 113 vs England? or any other similar innings

Personally I rate John Davison's 75 runs off 62 balls vs NZ as the best. There are many such memorable performances by some of the associate batsmen, which 1 do you rate as the best?

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I honestly think O'Brien's innings against England is one of the best batting displays full stop, let alone by an associate.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I honestly think O'Brien's innings against England is one of the best batting displays full stop, let alone by an associate.
Ten Doeschate's inning was equally good, a comparatively poor bowling line of of Netherlands meant that they lost the game, but the way he built his innings and the composure he showed was something you don't see that often from a player who doesn't get to play such high pressure games regularly.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree with this and Cusack who was at the other end deserves a lot of credit too for his role in the partnership when the game was basically lost.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Haha rediscovered one of those old players I thought was awesome from the 90s highlights. Eddo Brandes. Was a fan.

Blocky

Banned
Gavin Hamilton put together an entire series of performances for Scotland in a world cup including some pretty good innings. I can also remember Steve Tikolo playing some good knocks too.