Predicitions for the Test and ODI series in the summer? 5 matches each.
Tests: 3-1 England (maybe 2-2 if we learn how to bowl)
ODIs: 3-2 India
What England need to know for the Summer:
- Dhoni despite how successful he is goes defensive too early.
- Kohli scores 100s for fun abroad in Tests and ODIs in any situation, and in my opinion is the most talented young cricketer I have ever seen (Im 21). He really is something else. Could be an argument for him being the best batsman in the world.
- Pujara, Rahane, Dhawan have all proven they can play very well abroad (Though Dhawan has a weakness against the short ball)
- Jadeja promising as he is with the ball is still learning his trade away from home, could sort it out in time for England but wouldn't hold my breath. Hes hit Triple Hundreds in domestic cricket but havent seen that form him in Tests. He is work in progress in the Test format.
- The seam attack....well what can I say. Shami is promising. If Zaheer Khan doesn't return to his old ways it could be a long summer for the Indian bowlers. Out of the top test nations Khan average in England is his best, 27.96 at an economy of 2.92
- Dont let Dhoni play his natural game in tests (not that he will argh ).What puzzles me about Dhoni is why he dont play in ODI mode in Tests. I would say he is number 1 or deinitely in top 3 for ODI batsman in the world. Widely regarded as the best finisher along with Michael Bevan.
Classic case of someone who needs to play their natural game