• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v India Predictions

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
This series is going to be close. Honestly, I can see India winning a test by plenty and then folding at crucial times in the other two tests. 2-1 England.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I don't recall the last 5 test series India played in. Really hope we compete as we did in SA, else could be an ugly never ending series. Wouldn't be surprised if Dhoni chooses to go with the same bowlers as we did in NZ. Ishant is locked in with those wickets in NZ but Zaheer needs to go. Umesh Yadav instead of him and Ojha instead of Jadeja might be an improvement.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't recall the last 5 test series India played in. Really hope we compete as we did in SA, else could be an ugly never ending series. Wouldn't be surprised if Dhoni chooses to go with the same bowlers as we did in NZ. Ishant is locked in with those wickets in NZ but Zaheer needs to go. Umesh Yadav instead of him and Ojha instead of Jadeja might be an improvement.

Ojha was handled easily by Cook and the others in India. Jadeja was the only one who looked threatening with the ball in that series for India when he eventually played. He should play. Praveen Kumar did well last time and Khan is bowling at his speed atm so he might do well as well. Sharma is the only guy who needs to go and he will probably be dropped after failing in the first 2 tests. Would give Pandey a go in his place.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An umpire called him mentally unfit after he headbutted another player and he was subsequently banned from the rest of the Vijay Hazare trophy. Even the BCCI have standards you know.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
An umpire called him mentally unfit after he headbutted another player and he was subsequently banned from the rest of the Vijay Hazare trophy. Even the BCCI have standards you know.
Was there not some sort of firearms incident as well?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf he was in the list of the probables for the Champions Trophy as well as due to turn up for India A against the Windies, so he's not completely out of the selectors minds. What morgie said is right.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Ojha was handled easily by Cook and the others in India. Jadeja was the only one who looked threatening with the ball in that series for India when he eventually played. He should play. Praveen Kumar did well last time and Khan is bowling at his speed atm so he might do well as well. Sharma is the only guy who needs to go and he will probably be dropped after failing in the first 2 tests. Would give Pandey a go in his place.
Ya Jadeja looked the best of the lot in India but he looked so docile in NZ I am sceptical on how he will go in England. We really are struggling with our spinners outside India and there doesn't seem like we have any solution.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja's role as a spinner is different though, especially overseas, it might be worth playing Ashwin or another more attack spinner if Dhoni wants wkts. I think India have shown enough potential and application to compete with the bat in overseas conditions to go with one less batsmen, it's a little risky but I think our bowling needs a boost, 4 frontline bowlers won't do the trick imo, we don't have guys who can turn up in both innings and bowl with the same intensity.