• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v India Predictions

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
wtf, there's absolutely no way that the current Indian lineup is better than a lineup that contained Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman.
those guys barring Dravid were terrible at that point in time, and no, that's not me not giving credit to the bowlers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
wtf, there's absolutely no way that the current Indian lineup is better than a lineup that contained Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman.
Lets be honest, we all knew Sehwag was going to fail and he did. Anyone who is even average against seam/swing bowling is going to be better than Sehwag in England. Dravid was the only one on the tour who was respectable in the test series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's quite possible that they were. I remember reading how they were all taking long breaks after the WC and IPL ended.

They even skipped a test tour (except for Laxman and Dravid). No preparation. Lost their warm up games as well didn't they?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Main problem with India's bowling is that they give up too easily. Once you get a decent partnership going they stop trying

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well carry a bowler in your attack who bowls 130Kph long hops without seaming it or swinging it and you would give up too. The way I see it, we haven't won a test in 4 away series anyway. Might as well try a different combo. I would try playing 5 batsmen/1 Wk/5 bowlers against England in the first test.

Dhawan/Vijay(depending on form)
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Sharma
Dhoni
Jadeja/Ashwin
B Kumar
Khan
Shami
Yadav/Pandey

Would be too funny if Khan walks off the field on day 1 again.

Last edited:

Daemon

Main problem with India's bowling is that they give up too easily. Once you get a decent partnership going they stop trying
Nah, that's just Dhoni.

Shami and Sharma were still running in hard and the fielders were still pretty energetic during that partnership. Zaheer you could make a case against, but rather than not trying I think his fitness just isn't there.

Besides, even if it were true, the main problem with our bowling isn't that they give up too easily. It's that we're straight up not that good.

Daemon

Well carry a bowler in your attack who bowls 130Kph long hops without seaming it or swinging it and you would give up too. The way I see it, we haven't won a test in 4 away series anyway. Might as well try a different combo. I would try playing 5 batsmen/1 Wk/5 bowlers against England in the first test.

Dhawan/Vijay(depending on form)
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Sharma
Dhoni
Jadeja/Ashwin
B Kumar
Khan
Shami
Yadav/Pandey

Would be too funny if Khan walks off the field on day 1 again.
Dhoni at 6 overseas :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni at 6 overseas :laugh:
I was the guy who used to say he should bat at 7 or 8 in tests. Ideally he would just play the role of a lower order slogger who bats after Ashwin but realistically he will bat at 6 when it comes down to it.

flibbertyjibber

3-0 England.
That is what I think, we will smuggle enough runs out of our batting against your weak bowling and our better bowling will restrict your batting on many of the players first tour of England. Not going to be an exciting series.

smash84

The Tiger King
the main problem with our bowling isn't that they give up too easily. It's that we're straight up not that good.
yeah, awta. The indian bowling is quite ordinary. I haven't seen Shami bowl in test matches but I have seen enough of Sharma to know that he is ****e. Also Zaheer is probably well past his sell by date and Ashwin probably is toothless outside the SC.

smash84

The Tiger King
the main problem with our bowling isn't that they give up too easily. It's that we're straight up not that good.
yeah, awta. The indian bowling is quite ordinary. I haven't seen Shami bowl in test matches but I have seen enough of Sharma to know that he is ****e. Also Zaheer is probably well past his sell by date and Ashwin probably is toothless outside the SC.

smash84

The Tiger King
really well? I don't recall him batting well but I do recall that he was able to put up a bit of resistance at times (given the batsmen around him were falling like pins)

Daemon

So you haven't seen Shami bowl in Tests, haven't seen Zaheer bowl since his comeback and haven't seen Ashwin outside the SC...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

He's come to the right conclusion, but man his method of getting there was rubbish.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
So you haven't seen Shami bowl in Tests, haven't seen Zaheer bowl since his comeback and haven't seen Ashwin outside the SC...
I haven't seen Shami bowl in tests.

I saw Zaheer after his comeback and he didn't look that great.

Saw Ashwin bowl a bit outside India and he looked toothless.

Which is why I said probably for both of them since I didn't follow them too much. Whatever little I did see them bowl didn't make me want to see more.