Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: England v India Predictions

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yeah no doubt about that, just think Broad is reaching his peak as a bowler and will have a great summer
    Agent Nationaux likes this.

That being said on paper that batting line up was one of the greats. Broad's performance makes it look like one that had aged but there was no real sign of it before the series

True that. Yeah, Broad is bowling pretty damn well at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    True that. Yeah, Broad is bowling pretty damn well at the moment.
    I don't want to sound like a broken record but it has been largely overlooked, not so much on these forums but in the media etc, as to just how well he bowled in Australia a lot of the time. I mean you could argue his stats are boosted by the declaration gimmes he got but on the flip side he was bowling to 300 deficits in most games which is a hiding to nothing

Our best bowler now

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Stating the obvious but England need Cook and one of Jimmy or Broad to really fire unless someone does a McCullum and shows hidden depths no one thought existed.

India need to play Shami and Yadav. They might get away with Bhuvi in England too I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I don't want to sound like a broken record but it has been largely overlooked, not so much on these forums but in the media etc, as to just how well he bowled in Australia a lot of the time. I mean you could argue his stats are boosted by the declaration gimmes he got but on the flip side he was bowling to 300 deficits in most games which is a hiding to nothing

Our best bowler now
    Yeah. Anderson should bowl much better with some runs on the board too, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen unless India make some serious changes.

Englnd 3-1 based on what I saw in the NZ series
    Cause Slifer said so.........!!!!

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    With two teams in transition (that word) home advantage is huge. Would be surprised if India won a test. 3-0 England.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    India isn't in transition imo. The batting is sorted, and they're just looking for an excuse to boot Zaheer and Ishant. That's not really transition.

They're looking for an excuse to retain Zaheer and Ishant, and unfortunately for them they've found it on this tour.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    India need a seam bowling all rounder really bad, I don't think Indian seamers can handle overseas bowling workload as well as some other teams might, and this is despite Jadeja bowling some ridiculously long spells with low eco rate, which is exactly what you would want as a pace bowler if they other person can tie up an end which allows you to attack. Whatever little hope I had for Ishant after the first innings in wellington has now gone, simply isn't good enough to be a major force without help from the conditions, Bhuvi absolutely needs to play in England, I hate the fact that the keep dropping him based on his ODI performances that occur prior to the test matches on tours.

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    India need a seam bowling all rounder really bad, I don't think Indian seamers can handle overseas bowling workload as well as some other teams might, and this is despite Jadeja bowling some ridiculously long spells with low eco rate, which is exactly what you would want as a pace bowler if they other person can tie up an end which allows you to attack. Whatever little hope I had for Ishant after the first innings in wellington has now gone, simply isn't good enough to be a major force without help from the conditions, Bhuvi absolutely needs to play in England, I hate the fact that the keep dropping him based on his ODI performances that occur prior to the test matches on tours.
    I'd agree. Of all the teams in the world, India are probably the one that could really benefit from playing 4 bowlers + a allrounder who is reasonably decent as a bowler
    The batting's not the issue - never really has been. Over the course of their 80 year test history, India's problem has always been taking twenty wickets.

I also think Dhoni should step down in tests . While he's done better than than pretty much any other Indian test keep batsman despite his limitations, I do think his captaincy in tests has run its course.

Why not play this team then ?

Shekhar Dhawan
    Pujara
    Kohli (c)
    Rohit
    Rahane
    Saha
    Rishi Dhawan
    Jadeja or Ashwin
    Shami
    Yadav
    Ishwar/Pankaj

From what I've heard Rishi Dhawan is the best seam bowling allrounder in India. That's not a bad team actually - would be fairly competitive in England.
    At the oval, I'd maybe consider playing both Ashwin and Jadeja - but either way India do get five real bowling options.

Oh and Umesh Yadav has to play in England - he may go for some runs but I fancy he's the sort of guy who will burst through with wickets at key times and win you games. Its astonishing that Dhoni has no faith in him given he practically won India the last test he played in.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Hey, Salamuddin's back.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Reckon it'll be most likely 3-1 (barring weather).
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Kohli and Pujara seem to concentrate harder and perform better the higher the quality of the bowler(SA series for example). They will apply themselves and do well against Broad imo. The **** will still get a lot of wickets but Rahane/Kohli and Pujara should do well against him.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information