• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Budget Draft Voting Thread

Vote for the 3 teams you feel are the best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eds

International Debutant
Watson and perhaps kyear a fair way in front for me. Watson with one of the better drafting performances I've seen -- wouldn't mind a team like that in a straight 14-man draft with no budgets!

Monk gets 3rd place. Love the top order and the new ball pair is just fantastic.

Morgie and ohnoitsyou really unlucky there though.

Other highlights include Garson's opening pair, Johnners' pace attack, Michaelf7 (who's been a bit hard done by really) on a rank turner would wipe the floor with everyone and Marcuss's pace attack which is probably the best in the competition. All in all it looks a fantastic draft and I can only concur with fred's thoughts earlier in this thread.

watson

Banned
Yeah, just a lack of quality batting holding you back. McGrath/Bond/Swann would be such a gun attack.
IMO opinion Simon Jones was the standout English bowler of the famous 2005 Ashes campaign. People rave about Flintoff, but it was Jones who quietly bowled England to its historic win. Such as shame that his career was ruined by knee injury. Jones in full form was almost Bond's equal from what I can remember.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
IMO opinion Simon Jones was the standout English bowler of the famous 2005 Ashes campaign. People rave about Flintoff, but it was Jones who quietly bowled England to its historic win. Such as shame that his career was ruined by knee injury. Jones in full form was almost Bond's equal from what I can remember.
Yeh, I really rated him. Shame for England he was cruelled by injuries. He just seemed to always be applying pressure and asking questions of the batsmen in 2005. And he really bullied Clarke in that series. Had Clarke second guessing himself in a planned assault of verbal intimidation and aggro.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watson, KYear & Michael just over ankitj.

Reasonably happy with my team, screwed up 2 selections though. First by picking Irvine, caught out by cricinfo listing every who has ever kept in park cricket one time as a wicket-keeper. The second by misreading Greig's wicket tally, meaning I hadn't left myself enough wickets to pick Johnson :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, just a lack of quality batting holding you back. McGrath/Bond/Swann would be such a gun attack.
Realised too late I had plenty of runs left. And didn't plan it out well enough

But with that attack I don't need big scores :ph34r:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Congrats to Watson. Great job.

And again thanks to Marcuss as well, really was a fun draft that also made us use even more strategy and planning than usual.

watson

Banned
Thanks for all your hard work Marcuss. Well worth it!

I might start a draft in a day or three - 'Birthday Draft. The Best from Each Decade,1870 to 1980'. Or something like that.