• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be the next bower to do a "Johnson"?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
A few years ago i'm sure many would have laughed if someone would have suggested that Mitchell Johnson would turn into the monster he currently is now, and it got me thinking...if you had to put your money on any other pacer out there today who could rise up and totally dominate like that who would it be? a Neil Wagner perhaps? Shami? what about the seven foot Pakistan pacer? You just never know what can happen as Johnson is proving.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Come on just say it WindieWeathers. We all know it is Ravi Rampaul.
Well...now you've asked!! :D

We have young Sheldon Cotterrell who's a lefty just like Mitchell, big, strong and QUICK too!!..never had a great test debut in India but tbh he wasn't even fit having come off a injury. He has all the tools to do it though if he works hard.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The only person that I could think of having the same effect would be a returning Mohammed Amir

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon there will be a point where Trent Boult goes into God-mode for a while. More Philander-like than Johnson-esque though.

Or Matt Henry. He could be a very interesting international prospect.

Ruckus

International Captain
I dunno if your asking for players that 'out of the blue' suddenly produce the goods, but if not I think Pattinson or Cummins are likely to come up with some pretty dominating, aggressive spells. Both have the sheer pace and talent. What about that tall SA pacer, Marchant de Lange, what happened to that guy?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McCullum's the batting equivalent at the moment, IMO. Finally delivering on his potential, and doing it in bucketloads - 627 runs @ 62.70 this home summer.