• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies tour of India late 2014

jonvdh

Cricket Spectator
G'day guys,

I'm planning a trip to India in September / October and have read unconfirmed reports that the West Indies are due to tour there around the same time. I haven't been able to unearth much on Google and was hoping anyone would be able to share some insight as to when announcements might happen?

Cheers!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
G'day guys,

I'm planning a trip to India in September / October and have read unconfirmed reports that the West Indies are due to tour there around the same time. I haven't been able to unearth much on Google and was hoping anyone would be able to share some insight as to when announcements might happen?

Cheers!
India are due to host West Indies in October:*

http://static.icc-cricket.com/ugc/d...31537FFA0F6672087216B23_1364799484710_618.pdf

*subject to new regime.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
btw boards are obligated to carry out the programme as per that document until 2020 so unless something happens there's no reason why that won't take place.

jonvdh

Cricket Spectator
btw boards are obligated to carry out the programme as per that document until 2020 so unless something happens there's no reason why that won't take place.
Brilliant news - thank you so much for that! It will be one to tick off the bucket list seeing a cricket match in India :D

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I have a question about West Indies.
Is Cricket popular in the non-English speaking areas/islands in the Caribbean?
Is it possible to united West Indies in other areas? I am from Japan, and I remember that Japan were beaten 1-2 by Jamaica in the 1998 Football World Cup in France.

Slifer

International Captain
Like anywhere else, cricket in non-English speaking islands of the Caribbean would probably be popular among English speaking West Indians who may have migrated to other islands. I don't think cricket is popular per se in among the native population of those islands. I did read a rumor one time though, that cricket may be catching on among the youths in Cuba (they have a sizable English WI population esp Jamaicans). Now if cricket was to ever take off in Cuba then look out. I've seen how well they've taken to baseball, I can only imagine how they'd go in cricket.