• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tennis ball cricket: Pitch Length

happygolucky

Cricket Spectator
Hi All,

Have a couple of questions:

1. To all Tennis ball cricketers:

I have a question on the pitch length. We play with hard tennis ball (sometimes taped). We generally set the pitch to 20 yards, instead of 22.
Have seen many other teams also play with 20 yards. However some players in my team feel we should play @ 22 yards. What do you guys think?

What should be the ideal pitch length if playing with tennis ball?

2. Wide rule when bowling around the wicket:

My understanding is that the wide rule is same irrespective of whether the bowler bowls over or around the wicket. But I recently heard that in case of around the wicket, there is a different wide marker. Is that true?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Are you that guy that wanted to turn cricket in to baseball a while back?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ideal tennis ball pitch length is 18 yards for a brand new tennis ball (first delivery only- fresh out of the tube) and thereafter 16.45 yards once the ball has been delivered once.

A lot of people try to get away with just making the pitch 16.45 yards, but that is completely unreasonable and a bigger blight on the game than chucking ever was.

waleeed00

Cricket Spectator
A lot of people try to get away with just making the pitch 16.45 yards, but that is completely unreasonable and a bigger blight on the game than chucking ever was.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pitch length is 20 meters. The tennis ball fur is usually scorched before playing, so ball comes quick and skid. Only tall bowlers with shoulder strength can make it bounce, or people who make the ball grip on the surface. Wide is one bat width usually.