• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Justin Langer

LFD

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Langer could be the man to take over Flower as head coach for England.

He's a tough character and he's a winner.

Just lead the Scorchers to winning the Big Bash.

Anyone think he should be talked about more and could do a good job?

Doesn't seem to get a mention for some reason.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I don't know about him as a coach tbh. He's probably ok.

Why can't you find someone from your own mob to coach you.

Must be time for someone like Vaughan to actually put a bit in rather than taking pot-shots from the comm box.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Who'd be the English version of Boof?

Tufnell?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think the best options that I would suggest here are Kumble and Dravid,
the reason being that England have always had this methodical and orthodox approach towards the game, and both Dravid and Kumble are quite similar in that context, they study the game really well and always put more stress on long term growth. Kumble was just too good as a captain in whatever opportunities he got to lead the side. Dravid was also brilliant, but people don't rate him highly because of India's early exit in 2007 world cup. The way the team was improving under his leadership, he should have continued for a longer time as a captain. Both of them, with their vast experience, can be perfect for a struggling English side

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Langer. Was awful as our batting coach IIRC.
Yes he certainly was, pretty sure every Aussie batsmen bar Clarke went backwards while he was there.

Wouldn't be adverse to an Aussie.......David Saker seems to have worked out OK, but Langer?? Thanks but no thanks.