• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well considering Sledger is indisposed somewhat, I'll answer, I was born before 1989, and he's without doubt the worst I've seen get an extended run. Few pretty hideous ones giving a few games though. Yet Dernbach is well up there.
In terms if an extended run, certainly.

When I read the post though, my thoughts went to the halcyon days of Paul Jarvis, Nick Cook, Kim Barnett etc etc

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In terms if an extended run, certainly.

When I read the post though, my thoughts went to the halcyon days of Paul Jarvis, Nick Cook, Kim Barnett etc etc
Think all them better TBH, certainly the first two Jarvis was ruined by injury could bowl really sharpish at best, Cook put in some decent performances, umm Barnett was a decent County performer, was out-of-his-league admittedly in Internationals.

Edit: Should be added I really, really, really hate Dernbach.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm disappointed we've got the proper bowlers on though. Would've thought Ravi would be handy on this pitch against the right handers.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WI look hopeless. Mike Selvey on board with the Moeen as England spinner.

mike selvey ‏@selvecricket 16m

Just to repeat myself I think Moeen has a good chance of replacing Swann in Eng Test team.
Yes. Always a big fan of Selvey.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
With England's batting I'm predicting a West Indies win from here. Will need something from Root or Buttler to get England over the line.

Burgey

Decent recovery by Bravo and Simmons. Would be tempting to just bowl the slowies out from here. Only blokes getting tapped are coming onto the bat.

Burgey

Always a good idea to get some cheap overs out of a sixth or seventh bowler when a side is bating slowly early doors. Gives you so much flexibility at the end if a couple of blokes get smacked around. Think Broad has missed a trick here

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is some seriously good stuff from Bravo and Sammy. Using the field and punishing every little mistake.

Yeah England have had some less than outstanding plans to try and cope but almost all these shots have been pre-selected and carved out. Great ODI batting.

Burgey

Yeah. How good was that upper cut by Bravo in the 49th where he just twisted his body about to get the ball where he did? Insane stuff

Has WI just picked the one spinner? England a chance if they have. Quicks just sit up on this deck and ask to be belted