• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

stumpski

International Captain
He's 34, just wondering how many England players have made an ODI debut at that age or older. Cowdrey and Dolly in the early games, and Gifford played once or twice didn't he - can't be too many others.

Those two old Yorkshire chums Close and Illingworth as well of course. Most on that list are going to be pre-1975.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Is there any reason in bowling Root? Theoretically there are 8 better bowlers than him in this team.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they over-rule, I'll cry.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ffs. Stop playing for non-existent turn and start showing some bloody #intent.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
WI look hopeless. Mike Selvey on board with the Moeen as England spinner.

mike selvey ‏@selvecricket 16m

Just to repeat myself I think Moeen has a good chance of replacing Swann in Eng Test team.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've watched eight overs of this having woken up owing to jet lag. England hasn't turned a ball ffs. I mean, good luck to them but this is terrible batting.

On a brighter note, it's a cure for jet lag induced insomnia.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Were you born in or before 1989?
Well considering Sledger is indisposed somewhat, I'll answer, I was born before 1989, and he's without doubt the worst I've seen get an extended run. Few pretty hideous ones giving a few games though. Yet Dernbach is well up there.