• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chances of Liam Plunkett getting a late call-up to take KP's position in the batting order after his England A century today?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
First warmup game today.

Interesting to see how they line up for the ODI's as they've sent the T20 squad for them.

I'd go

Hales, Moeen, Root, Stokes, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Jordan, Broad, Parry, Gurney,

But it's the kind of squad you can come up with any composition of players. Might be able to play one more batsmen in that team instead of a bowler given you've got Moeen, Stokes and Ravi in the top 7. Maybe open with Wright and let him and Hales attack.

Hales, Wright, Ali, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Stokes, Broad, Parry, Jordan

And I'm sure Bresnan will play but it's a nice thought to not have in the team at least. Whichever way you put the team it's going to be average though with players like Hales, Wright, Bresnan, Parry, Ali in it.

grecian

Well England have gone:

England: Hales, Wright, Stokes, Root, Morgan, Bopara, Buttler, Bresnan, Jordan, Broad, Tredwell

Not terribly exciting, but Stokes smacking it around after decent cameos from Hales and Wright.

theegyptian

I don't think Moeen particularly warrants selection as such for England in ODI or T20 cricket because his domestic play has been fairly average but given the options in the squad and given that this is in the WI where spinning wickets are become increasingly prevalent (and afte that in Bangladesh) it's annoying to see Moeen not in the team. I really think 2 spinners + Root will be the way to go in some of these games (because of the wickets and englands **** seamers)- and maybe it's better to have Parry instead of Tredwell to offer a different variation.

grecian

Tricky Tredders has picked up three, all caught by Jordan, he certainly improves us in the field.

grecian

ton for Root also i gather..good to see him back in the runs...
Indeed, he has shown in a few innings that he can improvise and accelerate at the end of innings. I think we should just forget his shell-shocked stuff against the Ozzies, and hope that he can regain the form that made him look such a prospect less than a year ago.

Pothas

Yeah he looked such a different player in the ashes to what he did against New Zealand at the start of our summer last year, saw him at Lords and he was seriously impressive, it is not like he lacks the shots or anything. I would probably leaving him out the side for Sri Lanka but as we have all said a million times it all depends on county form at the start of the year.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
double gain if he is left out as good for my international team and my county too!!:ph34r:i hope not for Root's sake tho...

theegyptian

Hopefully Moeen does well but for a while now his 4 day cricket has overtaken his shorter form cricket.

Cricinfo trolling the masses by having Dernbach listed in the team.

Pothas

Lumb making his debut somewhat less exciting, a player I have never had any great love for it has to be said. Still wish him all the best.