• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

YorksLanka

International Debutant
well done to England on getting this result- yes it wasnt pretty or convincing BUT a win is a win and it showed some bottle to get the result from the jaws of defeat

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Overthrows to win pls. Or a four off Ravi's arse whilst he's trying to duck a beamer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Against my better judgement I'm actually really enjoying this series, both sides have been up for it and sharp in the field, there are a few good heroes and villain playing. The only thing holding it back is the somewhat domestic standard being shown, which doesn't stop me liking domestic cricket.

Should try to get some more actual batsmen in the team though. When your best one-day batsmen are out injured or not on tour, filling in the gaps with whoever helped to put the cones out might not work

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Well played Broady. Heroic captains innings to get us over the line when the serial bottler was trying to throw it away. :ph34r:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Against my better judgement I'm actually really enjoying this series, both sides have been up for it and sharp in the field, there are a few good heroes and villain playing. The only thing holding it back is the somewhat domestic standard being shown, which doesn't stop me liking domestic cricket.

Should try to get some more actual batsmen in the team though. When your best one-day batsmen are out injured or not on tour, filling in the gaps with whoever helped to put the cones out might not work
These games are also nice timing. Everything east of us is just too early for me (even the South Africa series) so it's nice to be able to have some cricket on a sunday or weekday afternoon and evening; it's pretty rare.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Weird stuff.

Pleased we won, but boy, our batting looks as fragile as a ming vase held by a Parkinson's patient, doesn't it?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Weird stuff.

Pleased we won, but boy, our batting looks as fragile as a ming vase held by a Parkinson's patient, doesn't it?
Our batting just isn't playing tbh. Hales and Morgan crocked, Cook cbf, Bell stuck in check in, Trott getting his **** together at home and KP is KP. At least 4 of those would be in the team on merit

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
most of those dudes are way out of form so I'm not sure it's a particularly good excuse.

Think there's a good enough ODI lineup there, just that the order is a bit backwards.