• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not that surprising, given how their international lot handled Root. Imagine how the domestic ones will handle someone who actually gets paid to bowl spin, on more friendly wickets.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Root's offies look to have more about them, tbf.

8 is a ridiculous average for a season, even if you're Sydney Fecking Barnes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I always have time for players named after an Elton John song. I still have faith in Daniel Bell-Drummond too.
Indeed.

"Miller" one of Sir Reg's more undervalued gems.

Seriously, and I know as someone who shares a name with Flash Gordon's girlfriend I'm throwing stones from inside my glass house, isn't "Nikita" up there with "Jade" as girls' names go?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, well I'm guessing that he's possibly named after the former Russian leader, after all it is often a West Indian thing. I'm sure Elton probably got the ***ual ambuiguity with the name.

He's got a super-cool middle name though, Mr Miller.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look England I know it was very sad about Harold Ramis dying, but we really don't need to do Groundhog Day again in tribute.

FFs, he's been rubbish since he moved to Lanky.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
what is going on with England?another batting collapse..surely the ECB arent REALLY considering the king of spain for the big job?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Turn on TMS at 77 for 2. Five minutes later we're 81 for 5 and well on course for yet another one-day choke that would embarrass Worcester Park's 'B' team.
Clowns, the lot of them.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
what is going on with England?another batting collapse..surely the ECB arent REALLY considering the king of spain for the big job?
They might as well put him back in the team. He really couldn't be any worse.

Beyond that, it's hardly his fault that the CC gave up producing proper batsmen quite a while back.

Last edited: