• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will India do better in the Test series?

sam1203

Banned
India overseas have lost seven of their last eight ODIs and nine of their last 10 Tests. Swaddled in those defeats was a cliffhanger of a draw at Johannesburg, where MS Dhoni’s men dominated only to be deprived by Faf du Plessis and AB de Villiers on the final afternoon, and an equally topsy-turvy tied ODI at Auckland. Now that the latest wipe-out in New Zealand has dislodged India from the No.1 spot, a placement that anyway drew immeasurably from a packed domestic calendar, the general tone going into the two-Test series against the Kiwis is that this Indian team overseas is rather more competitive in the longest format than it is in ODIs.

The viewpoint has little statistical backing. Over the past three years, since the 2011 World Cup win, India have failed to make an impact abroad. That of late they have been less of a pushover in Tests (the sample size being painfully small, two matches in South Africa) may have some element of truth to it, purely for reasons of team selection. Cheteshwar Pujara at No.3 in the Test line-up is like a shot of steroid into an inflamed muscle, so prettily has he filled Rahul Dravid’s big shoes. Of the ten times Pujara has crossed fifty, in 17 Tests, six times has he gone all the way to a century. A renowned aggregator of domestic triple–tons, Pujara also gets his runs at a fair rate, and averages almost 55 in List A cricket. :-O

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, definitely won't lose 4-0 and I'm extremely confident that NZ won't escape with a tie at Eden Park this time.

sam1203

Banned
Yep, definitely won't lose 4-0 and I'm extremely confident that NZ won't escape with a tie at Eden Park this time.
oh fuller how can you say that india will be lose again ?
india have many good batsman and bowlers also like
raina ,ishant sharma , dhoni and more expact to sachin tendulkar :dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BCCI may just say that India won 4-0 even if there are only 2 tests. That'd be rough for you.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sam, I'm very interested in watching an India Pakistan cricket match in Kashmir. Do you have a package for that?

sam1203

Banned
because i just want to share my thoughts but i had no words what should i ask to you that's why i took help of google. thats why i copy and paste only but sorry for this if i did something wrong .

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
No worries, although I'm not a fan of plagiarism. In terms of your question, I really don't know. On rankings, India should win easily, but I think it will be pretty close. As others have written elsewhere much depends on the performance of NZ's back up bowlers (probably an Indian born legspinner and a South African born left arm med quick). I also think runs from the tail may play a part (and other such cliches)

Last edited: