• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
Question-
A double international in cricket and hockey, played 22 tests at an average of 45.54 and 23 ODI's averaging 58, remembered for scoring a painstaking 179 batting for 521 minutes to save a test, dropped at age 39 recalled at age 43 , MBE and a pioneer and a great icon and legend !!
Commentator and accomplished after-dinner speaker, Team Manager later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clapping: I note this is the 1000th reply on this thread!! I have had the priviledge of posting the 1000th reply on this thread !! :cheers: Three Cheers to the guy who started this thread and those who have kept it going through their enthusiasm for cricket trivia. In particular, I pay tribute to Mark , Koch- cha (biased indian) , Sudeep, Lucky Eddie, Jamee , Superking dave and numerous others who keep this thread going strong!!! :clap: Good on ya fellas !!! Long May it continue !!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question :

Only player to score a double Century in ODI , Wisden cricketer of the year , played in three world cups, 95 ODI's at 52.97 .

Swervy

International Captain
JASON said:
Question :

Only player to score a double Century in ODI , Wisden cricketer of the year , played in three world cups, 95 ODI's at 52.97 .
Belinda Clark.

And I give up the right to ask a question...cant think of one

delkap

State Vice-Captain
CrimeMasterGogo said:
Then can I ask a question?

What is the highest score by a No.11 in a test?
68 n.o by Richard Collinge (NZ) vs Pak in 1972/73 at Auckland (straight from Cricinfo :p)

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Thanks Waughney,

Who is the only batsman in ODI's to be run-out while backing too far at non-striker's end? And also who ran him out ?
And if thats easy, bonus question: Which batsman has been out "handled the ball" and "obstructing the field" on separate occasions in an ODI ?

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Amarnath is correct for the second "bonus" question.. What abt the first question ?

Who is the only batsman in ODI's to be run-out while backing too far at non-striker's end? And also who ran him out ?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
The expected answer is Peter Kirsten and Kapil Dev, but IIRC there are two more.

Can't remember either name for sure OTOH - but one involved Gerg Chappell (either as the batsman or bowler) in 1974/5 and the other Dipak Patel in 1992/3 or so.