• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Sehwag309

Banned
I have no clue about South Australian players so I emailed this question to HowStat.

This is the reply

"
I have checked a few who I thought might fit that criteria in the period from about 1962 onwards, but have yet to find one who only played 18 first class matches for South Australia.

At this stage I have no idea who the player might be or in which period he played first class cricket. Hopefully, if you are aware of his name you might share it with me."

The part in bold was a fairly big clue, I would have thought.

If you all keep on like this, I'm gonna have to give another clue.

Sudeep

International Captain
The way the question has been framed, the player has to be someone from the past, not current. At least I think so.

EDIT: Or if recent, then someone who has switched from South Australia to some other state.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Except being pedantic that isn't necessarily near to playing - a lot of 12th men are from the local club and are good fielders...