• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Meetup at the Basin Reserve (NZ vs. India Test)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, this was alluded to a while back in the relevant series thread. Dan is heading over, I'm there, Hurricane's going.

On the Friday, I'll try and get there early to grab some prime real estate at the top of the bank under one of the Pohutakawas with some deckchairs, picnic etc. Anyone keen to do the same on the Saturday?

Anyone else heading along?

Oh yeah, and don't forget about Jono. There's always Jono.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'll be there for 4.5 days from the first day on Friday.

Keen. I'll keep my eye out for you. You still look like this, right?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit more grey in the hair these days and a bit less speedy, but why not?

I could always decide to wear my bright yellow Firebirds shirt again...

...and then a non-descript jersey over the top.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hell yeah.

I'm just gonna walk in and yell "HEATHHHHHH" and you will know its me.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well if a camera pans to a crazy guy yelling at the ground we will all know its you.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just look for someone falling down the bank with a beer in his hand, and Heef will be right next to him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am probably going with my cricket team on the Friday but will still come over to say hello for a bit on the Friday - I am trying to get free on the Saturday so I can hang out for the whole day however.

I enjoyed Heef's post about the Firebird's shirt hidden by a non de-script jumper. For those not in the loop with that inside Joke - at the last meet up Heef assured me I would have no problem recognising him or the others at the bar because he would be wearing a Firebirds shirt. Yet when he turned up he had it on underneath his jersey. So I ribbed him about it.

(He actually had a good excuse - but it didn't stop me).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmmm, anyone keen to meet up for the Auckland test?
Yeah, potentially! Sounds good. But the Sunday's probably the only day I'll be able to make it to - and with it being day four, it could depend on the match situation by that point.

thierry henry

International Coach
I keep seeing Redmunds on the street and he keeps power-walking away while pretending not to see me, not sure what good a meet-up at Eden Park would do

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Am absurdly busy atm, but I might pop around on either the saturday or the sunday, so will keep an eye out for the JimmyGS fan club banner.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I would love to be there, but I am getting married this weekend. Unbelievably poor planning on my part. I have, however, already tagged a mate and instructed him to bring a smart phone and provide me with regular score updates.

Blain

U19 Captain
Pretty settled atm, been **** the last few days but forecast is looking clear, early 20's. Although I've learnt in Wellington you cant really read to much into the forecast more than a couple days out.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'm only asking because I can't really be arsed. :)
I'm bus-ing down to Wellington in an hour or so, and wont really be able to put something together down there.

So, Wellingtonians.......