• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which England players are going to the IPL?

brockley

International Captain
Morgan and Pieterson so far,but Flower not keen on it.
Would not be good if Stokes,Broad,Anderson and others go.

Will that effect their being picked?

brockley

International Captain
Wonder if Flower will say no to Pieterson and Morgan,really Morgan who is being touted for the One day side and Test captaincy is shooting himself in the foot.
Middlesex hardly see him,if i we're them i'd release him not worth the cash.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Buttler's obviously made for the format, but I suspect he'll also be burnishing his first class credentials rather than chasing the Rupee.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Morgan would do well to play a few FC games, they'd love him in the test side if he scored a few for middx early doors

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Trouble with Morgs is that his technique has so many moving parts when he's not in prime nick he's a walking wicket.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Morgan plays IPL, not a test player and even with our current troubles he would be a backward step in the test side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wonder if Flower will say no to Pieterson and Morgan,really Morgan who is being touted for the One day side and Test captaincy is shooting himself in the foot.
You what? Morgan is being touted for the One Day side? He's already in there as a key player.

Morgan being touted for the Test captaincy? On what planet?

Eds

International Debutant
You what? Morgan is being touted for the One Day side? He's already in there as a key player.

Morgan being touted for the Test captaincy? On what planet?
Other way round presumably. Test side, ODI captaincy.

L Trumper

State Regular
Players association specifically made a deal with ECB, so that more players can participate in IPL. But ECB is now pretty much blackballing them through flower. Its just stupid, I do hope most of them do go, but don't see anyone with realistic ambitions to be selected in test side will go.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@Eoin16: I would like to thank @IPL for accepting my request to withdraw from this years auction. Good luck with the tournament.

Morgan obv had some word that he's a contender for a recall to the test squad.

ajdude

International Coach
didn't morgan do the exact opposite a couple of years ago? was being considered, went to the IPL and played one innings before getting a test gig

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
@Eoin16: I would like to thank @IPL for accepting my request to withdraw from this years auction. Good luck with the tournament.

Morgan obv had some word that he's a contender for a recall to the test squad.
My thoughts exactly on hearing the news. A few county runs and he's in with KP gone you'd think

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, almost certain I would say.

Really looking forward to the county season now, lets hope we actually get some cricket.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must've been tipped off he's a goer for the the SL tests.

Turning down a couple of hundred K on the off chance is a heck of a leap of faith if not.

Woodster

International Captain
Prior to the last series at home to SL didn't Morgan sneak into the Test side on the back of a big 100 for the Lions against SL in a warm-up game ? Seem to recollect being disappointed then that he went to the IPL when he was very much in the frame for Test selection, and Bopara did the right thing and stayed playing CC instead of following the dollar but had a pretty average time with Essex and lost out to Morgs.

Think at the time they had Morgan in mind to play in that series and he must have received assurances then from Flower and co. that going to the IPL won't hinder his Test chances, but this time it is surely the right move for Morgan if he wants to make a success of himself in Test cricket to get some form and understand his own game in the longer format. Whether technically he is good enough I'm not sure yet but I'd like to see a lot more of him scoring big runs for Middlesex in the CC. It's no wonder his first-class game hasn't developed when he has only played more than 10 first-class games in a season twice, in 2008 and 2009, and 2009 was pretty much a disastrous season. He also played just two first-class games last year, there's definitely work to be done for Morgan.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Prior to the last series at home to SL didn't Morgan sneak into the Test side on the back of a big 100 for the Lions against SL in a warm-up game ? Seem to recollect being disappointed then that he went to the IPL when he was very much in the frame for Test selection, and Bopara did the right thing and stayed playing CC instead of following the dollar but had a pretty average time with Essex and lost out to Morgs.

Think at the time they had Morgan in mind to play in that series and he must have received assurances then from Flower and co. that going to the IPL won't hinder his Test chances, but this time it is surely the right move for Morgan if he wants to make a success of himself in Test cricket to get some form and understand his own game in the longer format. Whether technically he is good enough I'm not sure yet but I'd like to see a lot more of him scoring big runs for Middlesex in the CC. It's no wonder his first-class game hasn't developed when he has only played more than 10 first-class games in a season twice, in 2008 and 2009, and 2009 was pretty much a disastrous season. He also played just two first-class games last year, there's definitely work to be done for Morgan.
Yep, he's just not experienced in the format.

Honestly though, if he just played tests as if it was limited overs, he'd probably do fine. Certainly better than recent middle order players.

Its disappointing to see fans who don't want him near the test setup, c'mon guys, at least he'd be entertaining. The cupboard is pretty empty right now

Last edited: