• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to the 2015 Cricket World Cup

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(Y) Can't even play the late-night posting card on that one, just garbage posting.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
the more pressing concern is that andyc watches the cricket show instead of enjoying the luncheon break at the beach and/or shops

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would be weird for Dilshan to concentrate on Tests given he's retired from them.
Pewsbot incapable of reading brackets? I could have been clearer yes, the 4 bats could retire after the World Cup and Smith and Clarke while being a bit younger might do so and just concentrate on Tests.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes, why not. I do admit it is a slightly unorthodox road to the World Cup, but his scoop shot could be a new weapon on the circuit. He would partner Leander Paes IMO.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
With the current goings-on down under for the England team, it's hard to predict where we will be for 2015. The only players who I would think will be there are: Buttler, Broad, Jordan, Morgan and Bell. The rest of the team seems a little bit shakey. Granted Gary Ballance will probably be there also, as will Ben Stokes.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think NZ by and large have their core sorted. Depth varies with department though.
Good post can't disagree with any of it.

Our world cup campaign will begin and end with Guptill's form. I have always said you need 4 bats who are likely to go 50+ every time they walk out
We have Taylor KW and Jesse - I don't think we can put Corey in that list. I think he will be figured out - people are already bowling wide yorkers to him and he has no answer. Expect teams to neutralise him like they did to Oram after a while.
Baz is useless when the chips are down
So that leaves Guptill. If he performs then we are set.

I expect our bowling to be in the middle of the pack and for us to be 3rd or 4th best in this department.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's my idea of an India side, with Rest Of World players.
  • Warner
  • Amla
  • Trott
  • AB de Villiers (WK)
  • Bailey
  • Morgan
  • Perera (RMF)
  • Johnson (LF)
  • Ajmal (OB)
  • Steyn (RF)/Narine (OB)
  • Morkel (RF)/Narine (OB)
Having four fast bowlers of this quality is a pipe dream, so it's not really fast bowler for fast bowler, but strike bowler for strike bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Here's my idea of an India side, with Rest Of World players.
  • Warner
  • Amla
  • Trott
  • AB de Villiers (WK)
  • Bailey
  • Morgan
  • Perera (RMF)
  • Johnson (LF)
  • Ajmal (OB)
  • Steyn (RF)/Narine (OB)
  • Morkel (RF)/Narine (OB)
Having four fast bowlers of this quality is a pipe dream, so it's not really fast bowler for fast bowler, but strike bowler for strike bowler.
I really have no idea what this post is about.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

What confuses me is how is it an Indian side? There are no Indian players in it.

Unless Arjun now just refers to one day cricket as 'India' now

Last edited: