• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2014 Asia Cup

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to the Land of the great king Ravana! Wonderfully done. The most consistent finalists of the past 7 years - 2007 WC, 2009 T20 WC, 2011 WC - finally win something! :)

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, this is looking really comfortable now, pretty much no way back for Pakistan, despite the loss of Jayawardene I think Sri Lanka will ease home comfortably. Really impressive stuff from Lahiru, finally finding a role for himself at the top of the order in ODIs, that has always been the role he's been most comfortable with and most effective with so far in his career, I'd love to see him find a way into the test team come the England tour, possibly batting no 4 above Mahela at the expense of Chandimal.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good stuff from Lanka. Weak batting is weak batting and will always get exposed on the biggest stages. Ajmal and Alam all class though.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
congrats to my team for a great tournament win-Finally- nice to go unbeaten in the tournament and tho i thought that Pakistan would edge it, i am glad to say that i was wrong.Well played to Pakistan also for getting to such a total despite being in trouble early on...Lovely to see another ton from Thirimanne batting where and how he should i.e opening and playing through rather than trying to pinch hit..Also great to see Mahela's class back on show...Well done to Malinga too who has done it with the ball..words cant express HOW pleased i am that we have managed to get over the line and win this tournament and hopefully now that we have tasted winning,it will carry on in future..right time for a celebratory beer or six !!!:)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I really don't get the point of continuing any tournament after the India-Pakistan clash. Every ODI after that tends to be a JAMODI :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan pace bowling is really going down the crapper in a tourney involving SL Ind, Afg and BD it was the Pakistani seamer that took the least amount of wickets.

Last edited: