• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2014 Asia Cup

Xuhaib

International Coach
How twattish were the England side behaving when that 6th wicket went down? Horrible.

Can't believe they lost that as well, after 7 down figured they'd romp it. Bloke they were having a go at ended up winning the game for Pakistan.
just because we let them invade our countries does not mean we will also let them invade our Asia cup.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
my SL XI : 1. kusal 2. mahela 3. sanga 4. chandimal 5. mathews 6. thirimanne 7. thisara 8. senanayake 9. priyanjan 10. lakmal 11.malinga ..for me, this gives u batting till nine(which we will need against Pakistan's bowling unit) with two spinners and two quicks and two mediums..fairly balanced team imho..good luck Sri Lanka

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha that side is ridiculous. Even if you did actually play that many batsmen.. if Priyanjan played he'd bat seven in that lineup at the lowest unless the fifth wicket fell with about 5 overs to go. You do realise he's a batsman who bowls a little bit right? He's never taken more than one wicket in a List A match!

YorksLanka

International Debutant
:laugh:
Haha that side is ridiculous. Even if you did actually play that many batsmen.. if Priyanjan played he'd bat seven in that lineup at the lowest unless the fifth wicket fell with about 5 overs to go. You do realise he's a batsman who bowls a little bit right? He's never taken more than one wicket in a List A match!
yes i am well aware of how many batsmen there are, this is deliberate in order to defend against the Pakistani bolwing attack(which is easily the best in this tournament and right up there in the world) and as for Priyanjan, no he wouldnt, he would probably bat after thisara so eight maybe- fair enough, my bad on the order..in terms of his bowling, again, i am well aware of his stats but seeing him bowl, in my opinion he would be there to clog up the middle overs with some tight overs..
Doesnt matter now as he didnt get picked.. stange that for such a "ridiculous" line up, i was only one player out..:tongue_ss :laugh:

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Gul making Perrera jump around.That ball that came back in to him last over was incredible.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
SL have had some really good leaders in the past, then they had Dilshan leading the side, who was pretty horrible at captaincy and the team went on a downward spiral. And now they have Mathews, who changes his team combination every match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Guys, please stop talking about illegal streams. This includes requesting streams, posting links to streams or stating that you're using streams.

Also, please no-one bother reporting the above posts. Given I've dealt with it in thread it's pretty clear the moderators are aware of it already.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
sorry my apologies..wasnt aware that it wasnt allowed, i misktakingly assumed that as someone had asked for a link that it wasnt a problem- my fault and mistake. wont post about them again..

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
At least Sri Lanka have the sense to bat Thirrimanne up the order this time, always find it ridiculous when they bat him at 6 and watch him fail at finishing. Doing a good job here...

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yes absolutely agree, he isnt a hitter but more an accumulator imho and he has failed in the past trying to play big shots which are not natural to his style..good to see him getting some runs and he needs to concentrate on playing the opening anchor role in future..