• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2013/14

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I have a small question. In normal ODIs, sponsor logos are printed on the player shirts. However, in the World Cup qualifiers and finals, only country names are printed. Is that the ICC's regulation?

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I have a small question. In normal ODIs, sponsor logos are printed on the player shirts. However, in the World Cup qualifiers and finals, only country names are printed. Is that the ICC's regulation?
I assume it's because they're not televised.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Come on Scotland. Win this and they are in England's group. Would play against England in Christchurch it looks like. Would be a fun game.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
What is an intentional 4 ball in Baseball? Does anyone have an example?
In Baseball, there is no wide-ball. Instead, there are strike and ball. 3 strike--Batter is out. 4 balls--Batter is given walk to the 1st base. Pitchers often use intentional 4 balls in order to avoid scoring hits.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Could be tempted to go to the Scotland v England game in May if it wasn't in ****ing Aberdeen.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Kweek! Good to see you.

It must be gutting to see the Dutch fall off the top table given their history and some of their players.
It hurts like a b****

Been meeting up with various Dutch cricket buddies in preperation of our tour to Brighton and me becoming a board member at my club.
We've all been discussing our dissapointment and how much it hurts.
Losing ODI status means that the essential funding is cut, the funding is needed for the professionalisation of tthe Dutch XI and to activly spread the sport in a culture which doesn't have the time for this game anymore.

Recently (2 years) the KNCB has started spending money on active youth and recreational recruitment with various school tournaments and indoor sessions and schoolcamps. Although the numbers of the last 2 years still aren't that promising, over time I'm sure this sort of recruitment will pay of.
(Schools playing other schools in a sport is sort of unheard of in Holland)

At this rate we are going to a model similair to Belgium and Denmark. Mostly expats and children of expats playing the sport, which directly translates into the fact that these expats are less likely to actively partake in Dutch cricket culture.
Since ODI status there has been more television attention for cricket. Euro sport actually broadcasted cricket in 2002 in the Netherlands for the first time since the BBC lost there test match license. Papers wrote about some of the matches etc. Before ODI status Dutch cricket mostly got a bad reputation due to some fights between communities on the cricket pitch with a lot of violence. That made the news. The fact Holland qualified for the 2003 world cup hardly made any impact. Maybe some local papers wrote about it but no sports broadcast on television mentioned it until the actual event.

End of rant.

OH yeah, just want to add this; **** YOU ICC.

Good to catch you here Heath :) Good to see you are loyal to CW :)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenyan journalist got given 2 whole pages to moan and gripe about how nobody in Kenyan cricket circles knows what they are doing in a leading daily. Never mind the dude phones in most his pieces, never attends local matches, and would rather be writing about other things.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
How is the Dutch failing to finish in the top 6 the ICC's fault?
How is something so arbitrary as ODI status (Yet essential) dependent on 2 bad games?
Over the years of the Dutch's ODI status the win record is above 60% of the ODI matches.

It still baffles me that players such as van der Gugten are needed to play for Tasmania U23 while he could be playing for the Dutch. Same with Ten Doeschate, he hasn't really played a game for his T20 side during the world cup qualifier.

Even if you're an Samoan football international your club has to let you go. How freaking mad is the ICC?
How can you support a system that is based on greed? 3 cricket boards have secured there own financial gain for years to come but killing all non test cricket and other test nations will suffer.
How is Zimbabwe still getting 10's of millions of which only percentages of end up in Zimbabwean cricket the rest in scumbag shady people's pockets.

Why doesn't Ireland have test status? They have been dominitating all sorts of teams over the last 8 years. Help them!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Difference being Kerry Packer had a product that was appealing and that would sell to the general public.

Last edited: