• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs. Pakistan test series

What will be the result of India vs. Pakistan test series?

• India wins

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pakistan wins

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikka_a

Cricket Spectator
India is riding high in tests and so is Pakistan. I havent seen a loss in a test series for both Sides since World Cup 2003. I have a feeling tht this test series is going to get some results. Either its india or Pakistan. There is still that 10% chance of a draw. But what do u guys think?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What do I expect?

Another brilliant series, which I'm not tipping to go either way because both sides can be brilliant and frustrating in equal measures.

Let's hope the welfare mentality and placid pitches that have infected the previous series with draw upon draw are purged for the upcoming clashes.

And that arrests are kept to an absolute minimum.

masterblaster

International Captain
I truly hope that Cricket and Friendliness between the two nations are the true winners.

But other than that, I wouldn't mind India winning!

:saint: :lol: :P :D ;)

NikhilN

International Regular
Well when it is between India and Pakistan every thing is on the line for those 2 teams.when these two teams play they dont even care what form there in.they play good as hell.this is gona be one of the best series ever played

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
how many test matches is it?

whatever the result im a neutral supporter and like the aus vs ind test series was , totally awesome 4 test matches kept me excited all throughout.. the series between indian and pakistan hopefully will be something like that aswell.. Although i doubt sky sports will show it...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I dont care which team wins. It should end up bolstering peace rather than ending up with supporters from one nation throwing stones at the cars and houses of the losing captain and players. If it ends with the Pakistani crowds embracing the Indians with love, I will be happy with the series. If it ends the way all India-Pakistan matches and series have ended, it would again be a shame. Only Chennai where the crowds were appreciative even when India lost did I truly feel happy about India and Pakistan playing. The games should be fought in the right spirit.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
ya pratyush I remember in chennai they gave saeed anwar(when he scored 194) and the whole of Pakistan a standing ovation. It was really great.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
I love the days of pay TV now that I can watch such quality cricket from all over the world.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
ya pratyush I remember in chennai they gave saeed anwar(when he scored 194) and the whole of Pakistan a standing ovation. It was really great.
I was referring to the test match in which Tendulkar batted like a champion on a turning track and then got out to Saqlain Mushtaq and India fell a few runs short. A crowd could have easily took the match badly but the Chennai crowd were very sporting. And the match in which 194 was scored by Anwar also had the crowd being supporting which is how India-Pakistan encounters should end.

Sudeep

International Captain
1-1. The series should be shared... as we (India and Pakistan) should learn to share other things too...

zohaib

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
What do I expect?

Let's hope the welfare mentality and placid pitches that have infected the previous series with draw upon draw are purged for the upcoming clashes.

Man which series you are talking about the last series played between the two teams was one of the most exciting series i have ever seen.The series had every thing the close finish at chennai where Pakistan won by a narrowest margin 0f 12 runs and the standing ovation that the Pakistan team got from the Chennai crowd was incredible then that match at Dehli where Kumble got his world record 10 wickets in an innings and then another wonderfull game at Calcutta where Pakistan recovered from 26/6 to win by 46 runs that match also had every thing Anwars brilliant 188 n.o Srinath bowld like a champion to get a 13 wicket hall but this game would always be rembered for 2 special deliveries which Shoaib bowled and announced his arrival to world cricket unfortunatley due to a contraversial(sp) runout of Sachin in the 2nd innings the match had to be comleted in front of empty stands but apart from that the series was really special and lets hope that we can have the same sort of exciting cricket again from these two most exciting teams (sorry Australia).

FRAZ

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
What do I expect?

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN ,Neil???

Bazza

International 12th Man
I think Neil is referring to this:

Matches; 47
India; 5
Pakistan; 9
Draw; 33

FRAZ

International Captain
Dont be too patriotic , and give an honest statement , though its gonna be a tough series but who is gonna win ....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
masterblaster said:
Will Fox Sports Australia be showing the series LIVE?

Any Australian's know about this?
I hope so. Surely they will and I'm confident because the Indian/Pakistani population in Australia is much larger than the South African/Carribean and they're showing the South Africa vs. West Indies series, so it all points towards a big YES :)

Regarding the topic, if India can have a fit bowling line up I'm picking them so my vote goes to India.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
I hope so. Surely they will and I'm confident because the Indian/Pakistani population in Australia is much larger than the South African/Carribean and they're showing the South Africa vs. West Indies series, so it all points towards a big YES :)
The England/SL series wasn't shown, and i'm sure the England/SL population in Aus is bigger than SA/WI. Hopefully they will show the Ind/Pak series though.

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Definitely! Wouldn't you just love to see greats such as Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid having their middle stumps uprooted out of the ground by an aggressive bowler like Shoaib. That would be truly classic moment. Come on Pakistan!:lol: