• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fundraising for The Clutha Disaster in Glasgow. Please read!

angiebowie

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys :-)

Well basically, I didnt want to post without permission, and am hoping I wont be too badly scolded for doing so, but I am part of the Events For Charity team fundraising for The Clutha disaster that happened in Glasgow just before Christmas. Anywho!!! One of my customers has kindly donated a Gun and Moore cricket bat signed by Joe Root (pics on request). Now Im a football girl (gasp!) and so are most of the people I know, I really wanted to auction this item off but also want to maximise the money for the charity and let it go to someone who would actually appreciate it. Does that sound like something any of you could help with or at least point me in the right direction?

The reason I chose this forum is because I am a member of TalkCeltic.net, and thats where all the good Celtic fans go, so I figured this is where the good cricket fans go ( or so Ive been assured!)

Thanks for reading

p.s Admin please dont be mad....its for charity! :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I'm not sure many of us would know how to help you maximise your donation revenue. Charity auctions always seem to do rather well if you've got plenty of other items you could flog off. Takes more time & money to organise, of course, but some of the charity auctions I've been to are sponsored by some private benefactor who basically gets the attendees pissed so they open their wallets rather more wide than you would get from selling an item, for example, on eBay.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I'm not sure many of us would know how to help you maximise your donation revenue. Charity auctions always seem to do rather well if you've got plenty of other items you could flog off. Takes more time & money to organise, of course, but some of the charity auctions I've been to are sponsored by some private benefactor who basically gets the attendees pissed so they open their wallets rather more wide than you would get from selling an item, for example, on eBay.
This is excellent advice - a bat signed by Joe Root really isn't worth very much as it stands so don't bother trying to sell it to aficianados, you need a corporate audience