• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Extremely talented guys you have played with?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some geezer Migara was playing against's missus left him for a pilot so Migara sledged him by making aeroplane noises at him

Jassy

Banned
There was a bloke I played with who used to clock 150 km/h at the age of 19 and had a menacing yorker, always baffled me as to why he didn't not take the sport more seriously.

As for that machine gun post. that is an utterly diabolical post no matter the intention. People get hot around the collar when Trott and depression are mentioned in the same sentence but yet it's somehow okay to make a joke about something like that. There are lines that should not be crossed, end of.

Blain

U19 Captain
The most raw talent I've played with was a guy who now plays in the NRL.
I was a wicket keeper. He was very, very fast. And huge.
Great guy. Gets injured way too much, but was the type of dude who had abs when he was ten. Just ridiculously talented.

There's also this 18 yo Indian dude I play with in club cricket who is ludicrously talented. Hits huge sixes and has Laxman-esque wrists.
Oooo, who was it?

Flem274*

123/5
Guy died fighting for my country against terrorists. If I had the chance I would help his poor family out rather than making such noises. But of course if it was you, then I may consider such antics.
This from he who feels the need to sledge others for absolutely everything else, as GIMH showed above.

So Migara finally draws the line at death. Good to see you have a small scrap of human decency in there somewhere.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, seriously guys. None of us like him but it wasn't a nice thing to say.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, seriously guys. None of us like him but it wasn't a nice thing to say.
i was going to report your post Daemon but Jono got upset with the repercussions of my last report and asked me to say things to people directly. We are not in high school - and adults don't go around saying "nobody likes you" to hurt another person's feelings. If you react negatively to me telling you that then I will just revert back to reporting posts like I normally do.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm in the minority standing up for him here and apparently I'm the childish one?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm in the minority standing up for him here and apparently I'm the childish one?
I perceived you were taking a shot at him.

Edit your "defence" of him was inadvertently left handed if you are familiar with that expression.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah look those who didnt get the reference, well you probably dont waste as much time on here as i do, so i forgive you (except daemon). migara is fair game

If the behavior was "foolish" then would have got without much problems. Coaches and colleagues knew that behavior was intentional and is to wind up others. Unfortunately, now I am in the wrong field to do such things.

Sledging, IMO should be personal and should target lapses or problems in a person. It might sound cruel, but, that's how it works. One of my opponet's girlfriend has given up on him suddenly and married a pilot. I was making sound and gesture of a air plane landing whenever I ran passed him.
But the most important thing IMO is to forget everything off the field. That airplane fella still is a good friend of mine. We used to have a drink together before the current job took away my free time. It's important not to drag the sledges across matches too, then it becomes too antagonizing. You have to come up with something new and unexpected by the opponent when you see him next time around! I was target of sledging for being fat, lousy and being a book worm. I was sledged about the girlfriend I lost due to dengue fever. I took them right on my chin, performed when needed, and payed it with interest when due to the ones who dished it out.

If you can't take it, don't dish it. As my personal experience, the guys who are being sledged are ones who are big mouthed and try to sledge others. The silent guys go un noticed. No one wants to wind them up and at receiving end.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Everyone, let’s please move on from the Migara/Uvelocity posts. Let’s get the thread back on topic please.