• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tests Scheduled in Aus in July?

rubbishwristy88

Cricket Spectator
Hi All, First time posting on cricketweb.

I was perusing the ICC future tours programme (Future Tours Programme (FTP) - Future Tours Programme (FTP) - Future Tours Programme (FTP) | ICC Cricket) and noticed that in July 2018, after returning from a tour of Zimbabwe, Australia are slated to host Bangladesh for 2 tests and 3 ODIs. This seems extremely odd- aside from the fact it'll be winter- (although I realise winters are hardly polar in Aus), surely all their grounds are being used for AFL at that time of year? Has there ever been a Winter Test in Aus?

Sorry, I know it's not all that topical and a bit oblique, but it just jumped out at me, can anyone shed any light or is it just a Massive ICC typo?

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah they play them occasionally in the far north (Cairns, Darwin) against the **** teams. It's basically always hot in those **** holes.

Marius

International Debutant
Didn't Sri Lanka play in the winter in Australia a couple of seasons ago?

It was called the 'Top End Tour' if I recall correctly.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, probably better to play cricket in winter up north, they ought to do it more often IMO

Cabinet96

Global Moderator