Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Is India the worst place to watch cricket?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I'd go with Bangla as well. Their supporters might throw stones at you.
    PEWS: You thought throwing stuff with me was bad? Wait till you get to Bangladesh!

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Australia since they started hosting Tests at AFL grounds.
    NZ in the rugby grounds is pretty grim actually. They make up for it with grounds like the University Oval and Basin Reserve though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Got 'Travellers Diarrhea' about 6 weeks ago. It was a typically horrible experience where I wasn't sure which end of my body to stick down the toilet. I think my arse also exploded at some juncture.

Anyway, point being, never mind the flat pitches, dodgy commentary, and screamy crowds. Any country with good hygiene that doesn't necessitate a course of Ciprofloxicin so that the spectator doesn't have to sit I his own faeces is a good place to watch cricket IMO.

Hygiene doesn't have anything to do with it. We eat the same food and are fine. Its more of you having a weak body/immune system imo. And when you go to a place that has completely different foods than what you are used to, start off light and let your body get adjusted to the surroundings before turning the safety off and eating everything.
    Senile Sentry likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Avoid water/dairy based products and you will be OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    I watched a bit of Sri Lanka and Pakistan... Those commentators made the indian ones sound like a fun talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Talking currently, West Indies. Not much attendance, poor home team, and lousy infrastructure.
    Not much attendance, for tests but otherwise esp for regional 20-20 attendance is just fine. And despite the fact that we in the WI are considered 3rd world, our grounds r more than adequate: St Lucia, Dominica, Warner Park St Kitts, Kensington Barbados (and others) are world class.
    smalishah84 likes this.
    Cause Slifer said so.........!!!!

International Vice-Captain watson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Hygiene doesn't have anything to do with it. We eat the same food and are fine. Its more of you having a weak body/immune system imo. And when you go to a place that has completely different foods than what you are used to, start off light and let your body get adjusted to the surroundings before turning the safety off and eating everything.
    Er no. Hygiene has everything to do with it, otherwise the reverse would happen and tourists from Africa and Asia to the 'West' would be consistently ill. But they're not.

What's more the likes of Enteropathogenic E.coli and Rotovirus are pathogenic by definition and only exist because of inferior hygiene and sanitation. The fact that your immune system has produced antibodies against them is neither here nor there as it merely means that you got lucky at some point during your childhood. Simple diarrhea remains the third leading cause of paediatric deaths in India.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...ren-die-daily/

But I digress, back to cricket.........
    Last edited by watson; 08-01-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    I watched a bit of Sri Lanka and Pakistan... Those commentators made the indian ones sound like a fun talk show.
    Maybe you should listen to Wessels et al.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    NZ in the rugby grounds is pretty grim actually.
    I have to disagree. You're so close to the pitch you can see and hear every detail of the play and hear the player conversations. The grounds are never full (almost empty for tests), so there are no lines for beer or food and you can pretty much sit where you like and spread out over several seats.

I used to love watching test matches at eden park.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    India is probably the best place to watch cricket in person imo.

Nowhere can match the excitement for cricket from the fans. And it's much better having all the mad indians causing a racket than your typical drunk Englishman or Australian.

You can also garner just as much excitement by having 4 or 5 men around the bat to the spinners with every ball an event as you can to the fast bowler in australia. It's just exciting in a different way.

Granted facilties in the ground are ****. Seats uncomfortable(like everywhere) and small, horror toilets, don't let food or drink into the ground, and limited food and drink within the ground.

It's definitely unique and just the fact that they get good crowds puts them ahead of a lot of countries.
    Arjun and Senile Sentry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    I have to disagree. You're so close to the pitch you can see and hear every detail of the play and hear the player conversations. The grounds are never full (almost empty for tests), so there are no lines for beer or food and you can pretty much sit where you like and spread out over several seats.

I used to love watching test matches at eden park.
    yeah, ****ty ground to play cricket, but not bad to watch
    BeeGee likes this.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Zimbabwe.

Atleast India and Bangladesh get crowds.Watching matches in Zimbabwe its like watching the Sunday league.I don't remember Zimbabwe getting huge crowds back when they had a decent team either.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Australia when Sri Lanka tours. May as well just go and watch the hosts have a net.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Afghanistan is probably lacking in really good drainage in their grounds.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information