• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is India the worst place to watch cricket?

Slifer

International Captain
Talking currently, West Indies. Not much attendance, poor home team, and lousy infrastructure.
Not much attendance, for tests but otherwise esp for regional 20-20 attendance is just fine. And despite the fact that we in the WI are considered 3rd world, our grounds r more than adequate: St Lucia, Dominica, Warner Park St Kitts, Kensington Barbados (and others) are world class.

watson

Banned
Hygiene doesn't have anything to do with it. We eat the same food and are fine. Its more of you having a weak body/immune system imo. And when you go to a place that has completely different foods than what you are used to, start off light and let your body get adjusted to the surroundings before turning the safety off and eating everything.
Er no. Hygiene has everything to do with it, otherwise the reverse would happen and tourists from Africa and Asia to the 'West' would be consistently ill. But they're not.

What's more the likes of Enteropathogenic E.coli and Rotovirus are pathogenic by definition and only exist because of inferior hygiene and sanitation. The fact that your immune system has produced antibodies against them is neither here nor there as it merely means that you got lucky at some point during your childhood. Simple diarrhea remains the third leading cause of paediatric deaths in India.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2012/09/13/almost-5000-indian-children-die-daily/

But I digress, back to cricket.........

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
NZ in the rugby grounds is pretty grim actually.
I have to disagree. You're so close to the pitch you can see and hear every detail of the play and hear the player conversations. The grounds are never full (almost empty for tests), so there are no lines for beer or food and you can pretty much sit where you like and spread out over several seats.

I used to love watching test matches at eden park.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
India is probably the best place to watch cricket in person imo.

Nowhere can match the excitement for cricket from the fans. And it's much better having all the mad indians causing a racket than your typical drunk Englishman or Australian.

You can also garner just as much excitement by having 4 or 5 men around the bat to the spinners with every ball an event as you can to the fast bowler in australia. It's just exciting in a different way.

Granted facilties in the ground are ****. Seats uncomfortable(like everywhere) and small, horror toilets, don't let food or drink into the ground, and limited food and drink within the ground.

It's definitely unique and just the fact that they get good crowds puts them ahead of a lot of countries.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I have to disagree. You're so close to the pitch you can see and hear every detail of the play and hear the player conversations. The grounds are never full (almost empty for tests), so there are no lines for beer or food and you can pretty much sit where you like and spread out over several seats.

yeah, ****ty ground to play cricket, but not bad to watch

salman85

International Debutant
Zimbabwe.

Atleast India and Bangladesh get crowds.Watching matches in Zimbabwe its like watching the Sunday league.I don't remember Zimbabwe getting huge crowds back when they had a decent team either.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia when Sri Lanka tours. May as well just go and watch the hosts have a net.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan.

You turn up to watch a Test match only to find it's in Abu Dhabi or Sharjah. The ultimate in frustration.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain

Yup agree. That test against England last year was awesome (apart from not winning).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Confused at this thread, because the opening post by Sledger implies he watches cricket which is palpably not true.

Jassy

Banned
India is hardly the worst place to watch cricket. I for one had the time of my life watching my boys blank England 5-zip on the big screen ;)

smash84

The Tiger King
i think SC in general isn't too flash for watching cricket. SL quite a bit better than its bigger neighbors though IMO. The crowds seem a little more sporty and a little less biased

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Confused at this thread, because the opening post by Sledger implies he watches cricket which is palpably not true.
As a young boy, I dreamed of being a cricket. But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Unomaas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Maybe you should listen to Wessels et al.
Oh come on...they're not that bad! Are they....?

Anyways, listening to Chishty Mujahid et al over at the Pakistan commentary is the worse! Last year during the Zim/Pak tests, I'm sure mothers all over the world were using his commentary to put babies to sleep!

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Oh come on...they're not that bad! Are they....?

Anyways, listening to Chishty Mujahid et al over at the Pakistan commentary is the worse! Last year during the Zim/Pak tests, I'm sure mothers all over the world were using his commentary to put babies to sleep!
Pak commentary team is rubbish I admit. Ramiz for example doesn't know the difference between an in-swinger or one that seams in, or Wasim, who can't speak English. However, the South African commentary team is just annoying. Even if South Africa is on the verge of defeat, Kepler will still act as if they are going to win. Most arrogant **** out there.

Unomaas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pak commentary team is rubbish I admit. Ramiz for example doesn't know the difference between an in-swinger or one that seams in, or Wasim, who can't speak English. However, the South African commentary team is just annoying. Even if South Africa is on the verge of defeat, Kepler will still act as if they are going to win. Most arrogant **** out there.
Totally agree with you! But then again, you got to make allowances for the fact that for half of his life, he was an aussie...a fact which which is hard to forget when SAF and Aus are playing. He is a very conflicted individual :(.

As far as us Saffa's are concerned, all the bloody aussies are arrogant **** (this is of course said with lots of love and respect for all ausies reading this :wub:)