• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Test top 10

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Marmers49 said:
When New Zealand gets Bond back then we will go back to our deserved 3 and contest for no.2 spot - we will bowl sides out more often. WE ARE NOT THE 6th BEST IN THE WORLD!?! What a joke those rankings! We have 9 tests without a loss then loss one and we drop 3 spots!
If Bond plays South Africa and England I highly doubt he'll take very many wickets in the Tests.
The wickets will likely be flat and the batting good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
As far as I was aware D\L relies on values that remain constant.
I see, I was thinking about the fluctuating par score on wickets etc. Sorry.

Richard said:
And surely anyone who knows what they're talking about agrees it is fair?
From looking on here over time, you'd be surprised!

cbuts

International Debutant
nz should be ranked above india. in the last 13 months we beat them at hom 2-0 and drew a test series in india. the recent loss against pakistan was our first in over 3 years. the alst test series we lost was in south africa in 2000-01. so i do think we deserve to be 3 or 4

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
TDCC Young Guns said:
nz should be ranked above india. in the last 13 months we beat them at hom 2-0 and drew a test series in india. the recent loss against pakistan was our first in over 3 years. the alst test series we lost was in south africa in 2000-01. so i do think we deserve to be 3 or 4
And they are in the system that counts :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I see, I was thinking about the fluctuating par score on wickets etc. Sorry.
The value for each of 10 wickets remains constant, does it not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
The value for each of 10 wickets remains constant, does it not?
There's a different par score for each over and wicket combination, so it does fluctuate to a degree I guess, but I misinterpretted your post.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The CW Ratings are the best I have seen. They dont just show form for the last series, anyone can do that (as many of you have demonstated:rolleyes: ). Bangladesh nearly beat Pakistand and some of you want to put Pakistan at 3! They are far too inconsistant, as ae England. Sri Lanka cant travel, and neither have India except the last series. New Zealand deserve to be number 3.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
There's a different par score for each over and wicket combination, so it does fluctuate to a degree I guess, but I misinterpretted your post.
Not difficult (:rolleyes: ) as I have often mentioned, my phraseology is very poor and it often appears I am saying things I do not intend to say.