• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Clarke Australia's greatest tactical captain ever?

Is Clarke Australia's greatest tactical captain ever

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Equal with others

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How the hell do you judge the tactics of an Australian captain from 80 years ago and compare it to Clarke?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How the hell do you judge the tactics of an Australian captain from 80 years ago and compare it to Clarke?
Sorry. Just trying to start a conversation.

New question: Is Clarke the best Australian captain you've ever seen UNLESS you can compare him somehow to a captain from 100 years ago somehow?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry. Just trying to start a conversation.

New question: Is Clarke the best Australian captain you've ever seen UNLESS you can compare him somehow to a captain from 100 years ago somehow?
Will wait for Burgey to return from the SCG to comment.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it a tough comparison. Clarke more innovative with his bowling changes, more willing to yank a bloke who's clearly not working. If I had to pick a difference between Taylor and Clarke, perhaps Clarke is better at matching the bowler to the batsman whereas Tubs better at matching the field.

uvelocity

International Coach
clarke's done really well in that he hasnt had someone really good to follow, as tubby did with ab. he's had to start from scratch with his own ideas, and i can only see him getting better.

Daemon

Whoever does the planning for Australia deserves a lot of credit as well. I highly doubt it's solely Clarke but I like to think he's had some input in it.

morgieb

He's damn good. Better than Waugh and Ponting though I have NFI whether he's better than Tubby or those before him.

Daemon

Lets wait and see how he does against a side that competes first.
Not a dig at you flib, but why is it always that we need to 'wait and see' for nearly every single thing in cricket?

wait and see how he plays against the no.1 team in the world
wait and see how he plays against spin in the subcontinent
wait and see how he plays against good pace bowling
wait and see how he plays when his teams backs are against the wall
etc

Clarke has been a captain for quite a number of test matches now, more than enough to be accurately judging him on how good he is

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not a dig at you flib, but why is it always that we need to 'wait and see' for nearly every single thing in cricket?

etc

Clarke has been a captain for quite a number of test matches now, more than enough to be accurately judging him on how good he is
Haha so so true.

So many people said this about Australian players and the upcoming South African tour - Australian team in general, Clark's captaincy, Rogers, Johnson etc.

flibbertyjibber

etc

Well not long ago his side was pummelled in India and lost 3-0 in England and now off the back of one series he is possibly the greatest Aussie captain ever. The SA series coming up is a good one to see how good he is as his captaincy will be tested by a very strong side.