• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion at all. Stop the nationalistic flagwaving, or we'll be infracting you for it yet again.

Hooksey

Banned
The fact Michael Clarke shoulder was broken by Morkel during his 3rd Test ton just adds another layer to the courage he displayed during that innings.

Marius

International Debutant
From what I saw I didn't think they were actually that bad in the second and third tests?? Admittedly the first test at Centurion was pretty woeful for numbers. But you're right, given the quality of players they have had of late and how well they have been doing the last few years you would think interest in test cricket would be at a high over there right now.
I was at the 4th day - the Saturday - of the Centurion Test and it was sold out. I tried to get tickets but couldn't but then my friend luckily managed to organise for us in a corporate box. The atmosphere was also great, a real festival or carnival atmosphere.

The first two days of the Newlands Test were also sold out which were over a weekend.

South Africans have to work, so it is not surprising that the weekdays of the Test series were relatively poorly attended. Test crowds in SA are not great, but they are certainly not as bad as people here seem to think.