• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
australia is **** = such a likeable team
australia wins = unlikeable

keep on hating
Nah make no mistake, when Australia was losing to India 0-4 with Maxwell, Wade, Warner and Twatto as captain, they were an extremely unlikeable team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't get it. Everyone in 2006 was lamenting how we had no good fast bowlers left in world cricket, and now when we get good bowlers we want to continuously say they are **** and actively cheer them to fail - see Philander, Anderson

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get it. Everyone in 2006 was lamenting how we had no good fast bowlers left in world cricket, and now when we get good bowlers we want to continuously say they are **** and actively cheer them to fail - see Philander, Anderson
Jesus Christ, you've been around 'people' before haven't you?

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
But a lot of myths or overestimated factors in sport are logical but ultimately wrong or misleading. Hell, half of Moneyball was theories that made sense to people who had been in baseball for years and years. But there were results which showed the contrary to what they believed.
There's no empirical data that contradicts Moneyball because:
- it predicts its benefits are temporary in nature (unless other inefficiencies were found).
- it never guaranteed championships, but used "competitiveness" as its benchmark
- it acknowledged its own limitations (since labour is an imperfect resource)

Also, the baseball fraternity was quite slow to embrace its virtues outside of the Sabermetrics circles, even after the books publication.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Nah Philander is legit, favorite (current) fast bowler tbh. Him not taking stacks is the worst thing to happen all series.

Riggins

International Captain
Its just such a cricket myth that is perpetuated constantly to the point where its just accepted as fact. You have to score runs and put the bowlers off their length or upset them etc. Otherwise you are not playing your natural game and will go out. :dry:

Apparently just tiring the mofos is doesn't work. Oh wait, Faf, BJ Watling etc.
I almost hope AB bats the day and scores another 25 runs and we don't even win.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Does Moneyball work during playoffs? My understanding is that all those myths about mental strength and x-factors stand justified when it comes to crunch games

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's a fantastic bowler, and I love watching him bowl but the fact that I want him to be smashed has little to do with how good he is ,and more to do with what a massive **** he is. The send off to Rahane did it for me. And no, I don't want a bowler outperforming Steyn :p

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Philander is really military medium though. For all the comparisons to Mcgrath, the great man certainly had more gas during the early days and even at the end his delivery trajectory never seemed as "loopy" as Philander. Vernon P is going to struggle every time he comes up against an attacking batsman with a decent technique. Not many of those going around so he should be good for a while.