Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 481 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    but rogers can play the short ball
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

And the moving ball. And has also scored FC runs in the last year.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Also, I'm pretty sure Katich is retiring from cricket full stop after the BBL.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I haven't watched either of them play shield cricket, but people were saying Rogers had no chance of success at Test cricket as well, so using that perfectly sound logic Hussey will do/would have done reasonably well in Tests.
    yeah but those people are dumbs
    LongHopCassidy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

yeah but rogers was actually getting picked for his state
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Dean Jones was my favourite player.

Quote Originally Posted by Unomaas View Post
    Team will most probably be:

1. Smith
    2. Peterson
    3. Amla
    4. Faf
    5. ABdV
    6. JP
    7. Elgar
    8. Vern
    9. Abbot
    10. Steyn
    11. Morkel
    I can't wait to watch Johnson vs Elgar. Elgar struggled hilariously on debut with dire Mitch, hows he going to go against the current version.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

also sick of ****s saying hughes needs to go back and score runs in shield cricket, of course hes going to score runs in shield cricket the ****s been doing it for years and will continue to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    That post is so full of fail it's hilarious. I mean - David Hussey?
    David Hussey is better than any international batsman England have produced in the last 10 years. He averages (correction averages 50) at state level and 40s at one day domestic level. He has been a victim of a lack of foresight and lottery selections from the selectors who have not given him a chance at test level and not an extended run in ODIs.

At the same time even North was given a decent chance to prove himself even though he averages only 40 in at first class level and exhibited absolutely no confidence or technique when he played. Yes, you can't just pick players based on numbers but if these numbers mean absolutely zero then why even keep scores, just let them go out there and swing the bat and if they look good enter them into the random number generator and do a lottery pick. We had one of the best first class systems in the world arguably and that served us so well through the 90s and early 00s and could produced 2 or 3 World XIs and squandered all of that talent, work, time and investment with the wrong guy picking players. A bunch of "part time selectors" getting paid 40 grand a year to pick players worth ten times more than that. Ridiculous

If the Australian selectors were actually competent they could have remained number 1 in the world for the past 6-7 years with a batting lineup containing:

Ponting, Clarke, Hodge, Katich, Hussey, Hussey, Watson (batting lower down), Jaques (who was cut short by injury), Hughes (who still has a lot of potential for the future although needs to work on his play against spin), Rogers

Instead they cocked it up trying to find the next superstar picking players based "feeling". These are players with proven records who all would have played 100 tests if they played for other countries. The saddest part of all of this is that this is not even 20/20 hindsight, this was all known about 4-5 years ago when they could have changed things and righted wrongs, but they kept banging their head against a brick wall with dumb selections and picking players based solely on age.
    Last edited by inbox24; 05-01-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Unomaas View Post
    I'd really like to know who these "experts" are that you are referring to? I hope its not Darryl Cuillinan from Match Point? He's most probably the biggest **** in Saffer cricket with the most ridicule directed at him from the Saffer public.

QdK might be added to the squad but won't get a game. He'll be their just to soak up the experience and culture. He'll most probably get a debut in the following Zim or WI series. QdK is not even the front line keeper for his franchise and his glove work sucks. He most probably needs to spend quality time with Boucher to up his WK game. About 30-40 % of Saf bowler dismissals are WK related and ABdV highlighted this when he got the man of the series award backed by his glove work.

The first test is at Centurion...the home of SA cricket. The pitch will be bouncy with lateral and seam movement and pace galore. SA will field an all pace attack with JP the holding spinner. Team will most probably be:

1. Smith
    2. Peterson
    3. Amla
    4. Faf
    5. ABdV
    6. JP
    7. Elgar
    8. Vern
    9. Abbot
    10. Steyn
    11. Morkel

St Georges + Newlands will be more spin receptive. I expect Abbot to make way for Robbie P. Abbot is no mug with the bat and is on par with Vern's batting skill's. Which ever way SA do go, they will look to have a long tail to negate the chances of Aus getting 20 wickets.
    Gun post. The team will more likely look like this Although im not sold on Elgar. He does nit inspire confidence.
    Agent Nationaux likes this.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I agree completely inbox. What are your opinions on Brad Hodge?

inbox24 logic: David Hussey got dropped from the state team two months ago but apparently smashing around county attacks years back is more important.

Doolan, Hughes, North. Those are the three contenders for the #6 spot for mine. The top five remains the same.
    Last edited by Spark; 05-01-2014 at 05:27 AM.

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Kallis is a big gap. I was in support of replacing him with a batsman. but having a bowler is more important if we want to keep Robbie P. Duminy does a good job of covering that fifth bowler role, but by how his batting has been going we might as well replace him with a fifth bowler, preferably a left arm seamer, maybe even parnell?

The Proteas is going to have an interesting XI selected with the guarantee that a lot of people wont be happy with whatever they go for.

1&2 Smith and Alviro likely to open. Alviro did a good enough job vs india to know his place is safe.

3 Amla

4 Faf, but I think the long term idea couple of years ago was to have Elgar here, but Faf in the form of his life

5 AB

6 philander at this stage for me is a better batting prospect at 6 then JP

7 Duminy

8 Robin

9 would like Abott but they will go for kleinveldt.

10 Steyn

11 Morkel

Either way if we get out cheaply. The hindsight couches will say we are a batsman short. If we can't take twenty wickets, then we will apparently be a bowler short.

Top six absolutely have to perform, looking at you JP!

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    How I wish CSA wasnt such knobs to Johan Botha.

My team has six bowlers in it though and that is very rare in test cricket these days, so I think Id rather go with

Smith
    Alviro
    amla
    elgar
    ab
    faf
    philander
    jp
    steyn
    kleinveld/abott
    morkel

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I agree completely inbox. What are your opinions on Brad Hodge?
    Brad Hodge was probably not as good as Michael Hussey but he should have played around the same number of test matches given that they were able to be in and around the fringes of the our great team in that 05/06 period. Would have been a solid number 4 and a good replacement for Damien Martyn, or more likely Andrew Symonds after he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    inbox24 logic: David Hussey got dropped from the state team two months ago but apparently smashing around county attacks years back is more important.
    There's a difference between form and class. Yes Hussey is probably out of form at the moment but Ponting, Tendulkar... all batsmen are and have been out of form at some point. But you back them to come good eventually and that's where the selectors have no idea is that they can't differentiate form and class. Guys like Doolan are "in form" (if you can call average 40 'in form') but long term they are bad bets because their state average shows that they will only revert to averaging 35 batting in the middle order.
    Last edited by inbox24; 05-01-2014 at 05:33 AM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    How I wish CSA wasnt such knobs to Johan Botha.

My team has six bowlers in it though and that is very rare in test cricket these days, so I think Id rather go with

Smith
    Alviro
    amla
    elgar
    ab
    faf
    philander
    jp
    steyn
    kleinveld/abott
    morkel
    Duminy batting below Philander?