• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Spark

Global Moderator
Lyon's gotta go over the wicket here. Amla'll happily milk him through fine leg all day.

Not that it will particularly make a difference either way, of course.

howardj

International Coach
You just know that SA will be dumb and conservative enough to bat into tomorrow

Anybody with any cricketing instincts knows that 350 will be plenty enough

Slifer

International Captain
If I were RSA I would get quick runs today, get a lead as close to 450 as possible and give OZ 2 full days to chase.

howardj

International Coach
Nah you can't be banking on a forecast that much.
It's banking on your attack to dismiss what is a fairly inconsistent batting lineup for under 350

If it was nil-nil, I could understand the hairy chested "ignore the weather forecast" comments

But not when you're 0-1 down, and the series is at stake

Slifer

International Captain
Well I think if Johnson was brought up in the pre-helmet era, then batsmen would have adapted, they had to. Batsmen now, have the added comfort of knowing that no matter how fast or short a bowler is, that their helmet will 9 times out of ten do it's job. As a result they don't learn, nor do they need to of how to handle pace without helmets.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Well I think if Johnson was brought up in the pre-helmet era, then batsmen would have adapted, they had to. Batsmen now, have the added comfort of knowing that no matter how fast or short a bowler is, that their helmet will 9 times out of ten do it's job. As a result they don't learn, nor do they need to of how to handle pace without helmets.
I realise this but its still terrifying how often he hits. The angle he bowls with is just so hard to face

Slifer

International Captain
Having faced left-handed bowlers myself, yes I can testify that the angles they produce can me quite awkward to say the least.