• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you recruit for the IPL in the January auction?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Surprise of the week that M. Henry picked up - should be a great experience and surely 'only' $50k wouldn't go astray either.

Fleming buying his business partner in McCullum is hilarious. When your conflicts of interest are conspicuous even amongst a collection of Indian moguls it might be time for a rethink.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's not the point. If there's a conflict of interest the person involved is likely to have mixed motivations that do not align with the role they're supposed to be performing at the time, and to be prudent they should therefore abstain from being involved in related decision-making. If CSK are happy to have Fleming not abstain then that's their business, however I can still make jokes about it being a bad look.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Who really cares, its not as if he was going for millions. Fleming said they were possible after McCullum, and for that price who wouldn't?

Blocky

Banned
Considering he's one of the top run scorers in T20, also has one of the highest average multiplied by strike rate scores of any cricketer (36.27 at T20I and 32.39 in T20 at a strike rate of 135) - it's a surprise to me that he didn't go for big money.

Seems to me you've got to be a ****ty Australian domestic player to get contracts like that.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
was muirhead at the minimum price? if so i find it surprising somebody didn't buy him

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia's Ben Dunk, the player of the BBL, base price INR 20 lakh. No bids for him. Unsold.by George Binoy 4:07 PM

nooooooooooooooooo