• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you recruit for the IPL in the January auction?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Because he comes across to me as nothing more than an inconsistent slogger who probably won't even be an international cricketer in five years time.
Kieron Pollard has been retained. Darren Sammy. Dinesh Karthik. Etc etc.

Blocky

Banned
Lets see

One has the fastest ever international century in a game that was basically an international T20 match and followed that up by nearly scoring the fastest fifty against India a few games later.

The other can't get a match for the West Indies.

Yeah, I can see how they're similar.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Lets see

One has the fastest ever international century in a game that was basically an international T20 match and followed that up by nearly scoring the fastest fifty against India a few games later.

The other can't get a match for the West Indies.

Yeah, I can see how they're similar.
That's my point. There are far more ridiculous selections than Maxwell.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The bloke who scored a lot of runs on a small ground against a rubbish team and has a fairly solid but unremarkable domestic career in the shorter forms.

Or a bloke who scored a lot of runs in this tournament last year.

This isn't a Test match, ODI or even T20I auctions, it's the IPL. Picking players and valuing them on what they've contributed in this format is perfectly reasonable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor WAG

Brendan Taylor @BrendanTaylor86
Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm feeling extremely honoured to be apart of the @SunRisers family. Amazing feeling!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow - so Maxwell goes for more than Anderson? That's just ridiculous.
There's little doubt clubs avoid English & NZ players like the plague, yet absolutely love Australians, South Africans & (even the Windies to a lesser extent.) Australia might have a slight edge on NZ in T20s atm, but the current ratio of 8/1 (16 Aus players to 2 NZ players) is absurd. I assume this comes dfown to marketing and promotion as much anything else.

Incidentally, I know there's a quota on the number of overseas players that can be included in the final XIs, but is there a quota for the number allowed in the greater squad?