• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you recruit for the IPL in the January auction?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Despite the fact that Warner is about 30 times the t20 player Anderson is? Yeah probably makes sense.
30 times is a bit of a stretch, IMO. Remember that the ODI Anderson scored his 36-ball ton in was reduced to pretty much a T20. He's a guy who loves the big occasion, and I think he'll do brilliantly in the IPL.

But, yeah, Warner clearly more proven at the moment.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I think IPL would actually be better if it were truly international, i.e no limits on teams.
It's an Indian league. It might be better for you. But I think Indians would prefer to watch a majority Indian tournament. The international players just add a bit of spice.

You'd think if Warner goes at 550lakh, Corey Anderson must be worth the 800-1000 lakh.
No way.

David Warner is a better batsman and Corey Anderson is an unproven t20 player.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Is more about who's marketable surely - Corey J Guile Anderson the movie star can surely sell some merchandise. Warner's toolness might hurt him by comparison though could draw sponsorship from Spanner Warehouse or some such I guess.
Tools R Us

benchmark00

What's George Bailey's availability like? With his one day series in India a few months back now he should get some decent money.

GingerBreadMan

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's an Indian league. It might be better for you. But I think Indians would prefer to watch a majority Indian tournament. The international players just add a bit of spice.

No way.

David Warner is a better batsman and Corey Anderson is an unproven t20 player.
Won't stop them from bidding large on him imo

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Think Southee is worth more than Anderson IMO. Bowlers who can bowl to a plan are pretty valuable in the IPL.

Daemon

RCB is in a good position. They don't have as much money left, but there will be a lot of gun international bowlers going for cheap later on. Batsmen usually cost a lot more and they've covered themselves well there.