• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Broad now better than Anderson?

Is Broad better than Anderson

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In terms of what Anderson's actually capable of doing with the ball, he's the best since Wasim.

5 infraction points and a wanker gif to the first person to disagree with this whilst entirely missing the point.
Yeah his control of swing is incredible. Does he have more tricks than Zaheer? Close contest.

Coincidentally, Zaheer and Anderson's peaks occurred at roughly the same point with a lot of mediocrity coming before it. Jimmy's always been a fit and healthy **** though, whereas Zaheer just turned into a fat prick.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, only just realised both Broad and Anderson average >30 in Test cricket. Surprising, given we all constantly hear about how good they are. :blink:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why though? Broad, though he showed potential, was largely poor until midway through the 2009 Ashes. He was averaging 49 until then. My guess would be that he's averaged around 27 since.

And Anderson was erratic until at least his 2008 recall, but more like 09-10.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Broad seems to me as though he could operate quite effectively as a third seamer.

Maybe rather than trying to find a third seamer, England should look for a new ball partner for Anderson.

Jassy

Banned
I'm astounded that Broad actually has a career average better than Anderson's now. I knew Anderson was around 31, but I always assumed Broad was around 34-35! Had no clue that it had come down so much. I'd take Broad on current form with eyes closed but Anderson's had the better career.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Broad seems to me as though he could operate quite effectively as a third seamer.

Maybe rather than trying to find a third seamer, England should look for a new ball partner for Anderson.

Agreed. Many of Broad's best spells have come with an older ball, so he might as well operate first change.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I was thinking that but Broad will take over from Jimmy in bowling the first over eventually, so I doubt they'll go down that route.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

I wouldn't really think of it like this tbh. Just pick the best seamer available. If he suits first change (Bresnan) then Broad gets the new nut, if he's an opening bowler (Onions) then Broad can get first change. Certainly don't think Broad will do better at first change.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Certainly don't think Broad will do better at first change.
agreed, but Onions is potentially better than Bresnan, and he needs the new ball. Whichever works best for the team. Not sure the management would do that though.

I suppose Finn doesn't really need the new ball.