• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Broad now better than Anderson?

Is Broad better than Anderson

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over the last 12 months Broad has outbowled Anderson, obviously needs to do it for longer but it looks like Broad has now become the top class bowler we expected him to become and Anderson has just got older and less effective. They are still the best pair of bowlers we have and with Stokes emerging and the opportunity of picking Onions in the summer this train wreck of a tour hasn't been quite as bad for the bowling as the batting.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I was an English fan the one thing that'd kick me in the guts and annoy me is people downplaying Anderson as a bowler and his career. Would frustrate me, would need to bite my lip hard..

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Over the last 12 months Broad has outbowled Anderson, obviously needs to do it for longer but it looks like Broad has now become the top class bowler we expected him to become and Anderson has just got older and less effective. They are still the best pair of bowlers we have and with Stokes emerging and the opportunity of picking Onions in the summer this train wreck of a tour hasn't been quite as bad for the bowling as the batting.
Yeah, it's just down to their respective ages isn't it? Anderson may well out-bowl Broad in the occasional test matches when conditions favour swing, but other than that he simply doesn't pose enough of a threat nowadays.

Broad's still not the finished article imo. There are still too many times when he leaves his brain in his kitbag, which is why we need a strong captain to keep him in check on those occasions. It's also why I wouldn't want to see him as captain.

the big bambino

International Captain
Don't think its down to age. Harris and Johnson are even older and out bowling both of them. Jimmy's looked flat and maybe these conditions aren't the kind he prospers.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think its down to age. Harris and Johnson are even older and out bowling both of them. Jimmy's looked flat and maybe these conditions aren't the kind he prospers.
Anderson has bowled more deliveries in tests than Harris has in all formats in his career.

Anderson has bowled more deliveries in first class cricket than Johnson has in all formats whole career.

Not his age but the wear and tear on his body. He may come back with the 5 month rest though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson has bowled more deliveries in tests than Harris has in all formats in his career.

Anderson has bowled more deliveries in first class cricket than Johnson has in all formats whole career.

Not his age but the wear and tear on his body. He may come back with the 5 month rest though.
Being "tired" is no excuse for being far too short for most of the day today.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah Anderson bowling too short is a legitimate criticism and it's why he builds pressure, goes for **** all runs but doesn't run through teams the way he used to.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I was an English fan the one thing that'd kick me in the guts and annoy me is people downplaying Anderson as a bowler and his career. Would frustrate me, would need to bite my lip hard..
Yeah it's seriously pissed me off and I'm not even a proper England fan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Broad's definitely bowled better than Anderson in the last year or so but I'm still a No man on this one. I'm still backing Anderson to out-perform Broad in the next year or so; I think he's still got more to his game as a bowler.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah it's seriously pissed me off and I'm not even a proper England fan.
In terms of what Anderson's actually capable of doing with the ball, he's the best since Wasim.

5 infraction points and a wanker gif to the first person to disagree with this whilst entirely missing the point.

Hooksey

Banned
He's just bowled too short and hasn't gotten movement. His pace has been fine.
His pace off the bat has been fine. None of the Aussie batsmen are showing Anderson respect. First ball of most of his returning spells gets despatched to the fence, and even the likes of Harris thinks nothing of sending his deliveries into the crowd.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Clearly needs just some rest to get back to his best. But think Broad will finish his career as a better bowler than Anderson.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

This is seriously astonishing. Kudos for digging that up.

In terms of what Anderson's actually capable of doing with the ball, he's the best since Wasim.
yeah who else do we know in international cricket that can actually (deliberately) swing it both ways with conventional and reverse swing?

Shane Watson?
Trent Boult's outswinger is pretty inconsistent and wild at the moment.
Steyn still doesn't have (or need) an inswinger.