• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Budget Draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Holding Bishop and O'Reilly at first glance is equal to Steyn Barnes Mahmood IMO.

The weird thing is both trios have played 130 Tests - the first group with 554 wickets, the second with 678. Not 100% sure who that favours really.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but I think I can't get another truly great bowler to round it up with 299 (or 399) wickets left in balance.

Just copy paste my table and edit the names to get one of your own.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Holding Bishop and O'Reilly at first glance is equal to Steyn Barnes Mahmood IMO.

The weird thing is both trios have played 130 Tests - the first group with 554 wickets, the second with 678. Not 100% sure who that favours really.
Steyn Barnes and Mahmood definitely the better attack.

Bishop is the weak link in the first attack. Just didn't prove himself in the way that Holding and O Reilly did. Holding was such a gun though.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Man for man, I think my attack edges it. :)

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Holding and O'Reilly are top tier but Bishop, as good as he was and as great as he initially was and ultimately could have become, is just below the other names. My planned third bowler though might even the odds somewhat. If I get him that is.

watson

Banned
Kyle Abbott.
Kyle Abbott | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Kyle Abbott hails from the same geographical area as Lance Klusener, Zululand, and there are many similarities between the two. Former South African bowling coach Vincent Barnes, who now runs the High Performance Centre, said Abbott combines good pace with control and some swing. Together with his hit ability to hit the ball a long way, Abbott is the kind of player who brings memories of the allrounders of the 1990s.

He began his career in the 2008-09 season for the Kwa-Zulu Natal provincial side and represented the Dolphins franchise from the next season in 2010. He was recognised by the national selectors the next year when he was picked to play List A matches against Bangladesh A but remained on the fringes until 2012 when he was again called up to play 50-over matches against Sri Lanka A.
In the summer that Klusener took over as Dolphins' coach, Abbott's longer-form game developed and he was the leading wicket-taker in the first-class competition in the 2012-13 season with 49 scalps. His performances earned him a place in the South African Invitation XI to play the touring Pakistanis and it was against them that he made his Test debut. Abbott was included in South Africa's squad for the third Test of the series but was initially only due to gain experience and act as cover. But Jacques Kallis picked up a calf injury in an optional practice session the day before the Test and Abbott was handed a debut.
Firdose Moonda

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I think Marcuss has timed out.

Arthur Mailey- Almost 5 wickets per test in each of his 21 test matches.

- Bill Ponsford
- Archie Jackson
- Brian Lara
-
-
-
-
- Ray Lindwall
- Alan Davidson
-
- Arthur Mailey

Attachments

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round 6
76. ankitj - Vijay Hazare
77. kyear2 - Ian Bishop
78. Garson007 - Kyle Abbott
79. Marcuss - Vintcent van der Bijl
80. Monk - Arthur Mailey
81. smalishah84
82. Michaelf7777777

83. Spikey
84. BackFootPunch
85. morgieb
86. ohnoitsyou
87. Watson
88. Cabinet96
89. GIMH
90. Johnners

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
by my count, both have been timed out, seeing as it's been over 24 hours since a pick.

by my count i am a dummy

Last edited:

watson

Banned
It's not really Michaelmanysevens fault if Smali logs on last night (coincidently during the 4th set of the mens semi) , looks at the thread for about half-an-hour, but doesn't pick anyone for some unknown reason.

Michael should be given a fair go I reckon.

Only another 10 hours or so to go - by a very quick calculation.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh i completely missed the 18 hour pick limit. i thought we were doing the usual 12 hour pick limit. nvm then.