• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Budget Draft

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Permitted. It was my intention initially that non-Test players would be picked but I realised I didn't make it express and so didn't want to be the first to pick one myself.

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Could be maybe have a limit on the number of non-test players? Because 3-4 non test players would be a bit OTT.

watson

Banned
I'll take Clive Rice (0 Tests, 0 Runs, 0 Wickets) for my next selection please

Charter 77 So Far

WG Grace
Clive Rice (*)
Les Ames (+)
Frederick Spofforth
Charlie Turner
I really thought that Clive Rice as a non-Test player would last to at least Round 7 or 8. I was going to pick him then.

Obviously I guessed wrong, so well played Michaelmanysevens :cool:

(Still very happy with Arthur Morris though, a relative bargain at only 46 Tests)

SMALI
MONK
MARCUSS

Last edited:

watson

Banned
I have a long flight you catch tonight. Hope my turn doesn't come then
Assuming that Smali doesn't post during the next 3-4 hours and that Monk sleeps at night then we are looking at least another 12 hours till Marcuss' turn. Monk will of course need to pick before 10 am Melbourne time because it is unlikely that Marcus's will be around much past 11 pm UK time. Point being antitj that the time zones make drafting a dogs breakfast, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Of course, if Smali has access to 3 or 4G and can be arsed, then that would speed the whole process up because it's currently the middle of the afternoon on the subcontinent.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Assuming that Smali doesn't post during the next 3-4 hours and that Monk sleeps at night then we are looking at least another 12 hours till Marcuss' turn. Monk will of course need to pick before 10 am Melbourne time because it is unlikely that Marcus's will be around much past 11 pm UK time. Point being antitj that the time zones make drafting a dogs breakfast, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Of course, if Smali has access to 3 or 4G and can be arsed, then that would speed the whole process up because it's currently the middle of the afternoon on the subcontinent.
If you feel the need to calm down, just take a deep breath and hold it for, say, 20 minutes.

smash84

The Tiger King
My internet connection is really bad today and I can't go back and check.

My wicket keeper would be Jack Russell. I am not sure if he has been selected earlier or not.

If he has been selected then Nayan Mongia to be my wicketkeeper (I know Mongia has not been selected)

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Please can someone VM me when the next draft in CC starts? I want to spend as long as possible making my picks, because I think Watson would like that.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Time to break this budget and make things interesting for myself….

Brian Lara

- Archie Jackson
- Bill Ponsford
- Brian Lara
-
-
-
-
- Ray Lindwall
- Alan Davidson
-
-