• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can I rack you guys brains?

nbenson93

Cricket Spectator
Hi chaps. I'm just starting to get into playing cricket and have just joined my local club, small team, low level. I'm looking at getting my equipment now. What I want is gear that is good enough to play without problems but doesn't need to be top notch stuff. Any suggestions on best/cheapest places to go?

Also, I have seen some really nice bats that are "Grade A willow". Is this the same as Grade 1 or is there a difference.

Thanks very much.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hi chaps. I'm just starting to get into playing cricket and have just joined my local club, small team, low level. I'm looking at getting my equipment now. What I want is gear that is good enough to play without problems but doesn't need to be top notch stuff. Any suggestions on best/cheapest places to go?

Also, I have seen some really nice bats that are "Grade A willow". Is this the same as Grade 1 or is there a difference.

Thanks very much.

Whereabouts in the UK do you live?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think you must go to Chor Bazaar. Cheapest place to buy stuff in the whole world:D

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Afraid I've got little to no idea about the North East marketplace too.

My personal favourite kit suppliers are B3 cricket, but at £100+ a pop, it's probably a bit much for what you're currently after.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain

Thanks very much.
It's a pity you live in the NE and not the NW because I have quite literally a shed full of cricket equipment. The previous owner of my new house ran a cricket club which became defunct about 5 years ago and I inherited all the club's equipment. I haven't had time to go through it all but at a rough count I would say I have at least 60 brand new cricket balls and another 50 in good condition. Pads, gloves, wicket-keepers gloves, stumps and a few bats. So if you visit the Widnes area let me know and I might be able to help.