• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corey Anderson's IPL contract - guess the bid game

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Before we get too excited let's see how he does for the remaining games. if he manages a few 50s then a half mil contract isn't off the cards

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Without guessing the price, I'm certain he'll be picked up based on that one amazing innings in the same way Richard Levi was.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IIRC Zinzan is correct that several flukes have been picked up.

So probably something like $800,000, given he can bowl too.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It all depends on whether there is a bidding war, and IPL schedule vs NZ schedule.

I could see it being anywhere from 200,000 to close to a million.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If Glenn ****ing Maxwell can go for a mill based on an international high score of 50 odd (I think at the time) then god knows how much this fella will go for now.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It'll depend on how he does vs. India. But unless he completely loses form, he should get a decent contract at the very least. IPL is in its infancy - the prices that players go for are still random - the analysis and valuing of players has not become professional like other leagues yet.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
He's going to do a Guptill and opt out in order to go play county cricket. :ph34r:

Jokes aside, one substantial innings against India and a couple of cameos before the auction and I can easily see him getting over $1mill. Maxwell went for that on the basis of one innings and Anderson now > Maxwell then plus the sub continent suits Anderson's play style perfectly.

Edit: Beaten by Adders

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Scott Styris ‏@scottbstyris 59m
@scottbstyris lets play Corey anderson in the next IPL auction guessing game... im bidding 750k

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
What I like about it is that he'd played and had good success at test cricket before this happened.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What I like about it is that he'd played and had good success at test cricket before this happened.
Might not have gotten a game for tests if he had've done this first. People might have thought he was too aggressive. Just a comment.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Might not have gotten a game for tests if he had've done this first. People might have thought he was too aggressive. Just a comment.
Yeah, it's an interesting thought. I'm not sure how good his first class record was at the time, but Australia picking Warner for Tests after he was such a hit in t20s caused a little bit of a stir. And then there's Glenn Maxwell, but that's just straight up a bad selection

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We know which team splurges in auctions like they'll never run empty. But I do hope that doesn't happen, and he goes for a sensible price. IPL franchises bid big for overseas players, and then are compelled to promote them and play them up front at the expense of domestic talent, which reduces the relevance of the IPL in the scene.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They play them because they're better than the Indian players.

Besides that, the IPL want to have an international window so surely to get that they've got to show that it's more of an international competition than a domestic one.

Howsie

International Captain
It'll depend on how he does vs. India. But unless he completely loses form, he should get a decent contract at the very least. IPL is in its infancy - the prices that players go for are still random - the analysis and valuing of players has not become professional like other leagues yet.
Professional, like the NFL for example? Where a potential 6th-7th round draft pick standing to make maybe half a million dollars shoots up the draft board because he mesured in at 6'5 and ran the 40 yard dash in 4.3 seconds. Nevermind the four years of mediocrity at the college level, a couple teams like the look of his ceiling and he's just become a 1st round draft pick looking at making 15-20 million instead. It happens in all sports, the IPL is no different and pretty unlikely to change. All it takes is for two teams to become enamoured with a prospect and his price will ballon, it doesn't make much "sense" but that's just the way it is sometimes.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If Glenn ****ing Maxwell can go for a mill based on an international high score of 50 odd (I think at the time) then god knows how much this fella will go for now.
$1m of ill-gotten IPL money and the bloke still tries to play the 'do you know who I am' game with Melbourne taxi drivers to get a free ride. Giggle